Weather and Terrain Radar in AM

Let Sim Innovations know about your Air Manager experience and let us know about your dream feature addition

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Sling

Re: Weather and Terrain Radar in AM

#21 Post by Sling »

SimPassion wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:29 pm Hello Derk

we can't do this,
it's only on AM/AP side with additional piece of code, not already there, to relay supplemental data extract from XP

Regards
Gilles
In theory it would be possible to implement this with an Ethernet shield connected to an Arduino running message port.

Tony

jedeen

#22 Post by jedeen »

Hey Keith,
Do they allow for winds aloft, echo tops, lightning alert etc?
Read this doc:

Code: Select all

YourHD:\X-Plane 11\Instructions\X-Plane SPECS from Austin\Weather in X-Plane.rtf
Gilles:
it's only on AM/AP side with additional piece of code, not already there
You are right only with additional code it will be possible. But in that way, as Ralph already stated, AM stays independent :D
And I agree with that statement of Ralph. 8-)

Further more, there is already something like "ext_variable_subscribe" in the pro version of AM, maybe that can be expanded?
Right now I am trying to get my VisulStudio up and running again, just to explore the possibility of making a plugin to communicate with AM.
Also there is a possibility to write data to a .txt file and AM can already read those files, so let's explore that also.
After all I don't understand the send data quite now and one has to begin somewhere.
I know for sure that Corjan is reading this post to. ;)

And further more I still have a lot of work to do with the ND....this is just a side step for me now :)
But eventually, that weather and terrain radar has to be a part of the ND.

Have fun
Derk

Ralph

#23 Post by Ralph »

For us I think it's something for a >3.6 version. We first want to have navigation implemented and would like to have a vector graphics map. Then after that all has been decently implemented, we can look at these features.

Maybe there's a quick win with the UDP stream implementation, but that's up to Corjan.

jedeen

#24 Post by jedeen »

Maybe there's a quick win with the UDP stream implementation, but that's up to Corjan.
:D :D :D :D :D Yep :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
And learn to understand such a stream:
68 65 84 65 60 18 0 0 0 171 103 81 191 187 243 46 190 103 246 45 67 156 246 26 67 47 231 26 67 0 192 121 196 0 192 121 196 85 254 151 193

The first four are just ASCI........but never mind........that's for later.
Thanks Ralph,
Have fun
Derk

brodhaq

#25 Post by brodhaq »

Hello,
I have noticed today, that in SASL there is a LUA function "probeTerrain(x, y, z)" (with local opengl coordinates as arguments) which seems to return PROBE_HIT_TERRAIN – terrain found at specified location and more information available as
additional return value: locationX, locationY, locationZ, normalX, normalY, normalZ, velocityX, velocityY, vlocityZ, isWet. Location is localtion of terrain point hit in local coordinates, normal is normal vector of terrain found, velocity is velocity vector of terrain found, isWet equals to true if sea found.
More at: https://1-sim.com/files/SASL3Manual.pdf It is probably a direct SDK implementation into the easier interface of SASL.

Would somebody be so skilled to create a small SASL script which would scan the terrain around the aircraft (some grid up to few miles away) and save the measured terrain elevations into an array dataref? We could then easily subscribe to that dataref with AM and plot the terrain into our instruments. It should be quite straightforward, but I am absolutely not experienced at SASL (however it is still LUA, it is much harder than AM).

Pavel
Pavel Brodský
Prague, Czech Republic

brodhaq

#26 Post by brodhaq »

Nobody? :twisted: :twisted:
Pavel Brodský
Prague, Czech Republic

Ralph

#27 Post by Ralph »

Did you try the x-plane.org forums with this question? Probably more chance to find someone there.

Keith Baxter

#28 Post by Keith Baxter »

AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Keith Baxter

#29 Post by Keith Baxter »

This one is the most interesting.

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/wct/formats.php

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card