Missing Data Refs

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jedeen

Missing Data Refs

#1 Post by jedeen »

Hello,
Why is AM3.2 missing some subscriptions to a Data Ref ? :?:
When I close my work in the evening, and open it in the morning it seems then there are made mysteriously some changes during the night.
After searching for bugs in my own script, I discovered that AM3.2 is missing some subscriptions to a data ref, see pictures of viewer an xplane data ref tool.
Regards
Jedeen

Edit: Correction...the data refs showed in picture MissingSubscriptions1.jpg are my mistakes, they are not present in Xplane but
the one shown in the other picture is not a mistake.
Attachments
MissingSubscriptions2.jpg
MissingSubscriptions1.jpg

jedeen

Re: Missing Data Refs

#2 Post by jedeen »

Did a little survey and saw the same in AM2.3.1
See attachment
Regards
Jedeen
Attachments
MissingSubscriptions3.jpg

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

The dataref looks to be empty. I'm not sure if X-Plane returns a subscription when it is empty or what the viewer concerns subscribed. Did you try it when it actually showed data in X-Plane?

Sling

#4 Post by Sling »

Does the code see a nil or does it error?

jedeen

#5 Post by jedeen »

Hey guys,
First Ralph:
Some data refs shows an empty string. Those data refs are only used when I flip a switch or push a button, at the time of the picture neither was the case.
I only discovered the issue as Data Ref " laminar/B738/EFIS_control/capt/map_mode_pos " produced a " 0 ". In my code I make then a certain image group
not visible.......so that way I saw that there was something wrong, because my ND did not fully show up.

Sling:
It does not produce an error in my code, it simply shows no data on the screen, because the strings are empty.
In my new screenshot from this morning, that would mean that those waypoints will not show an eta on the screen.
In the above mentioned data ref, my code saw a " 0 " and acted as coded.

What me strikes is the fact that the data ref (the above mentioned) showes a " 2 " in the Data Ref Tool but in the viewer of AM a " 0 "
I had never this issue in AM2.3.1 but only in AM3.2
To solve this problem in AM3.2, I have to restart AM3.2 a couple of times, if there are no results I have to start up AM2.3.1 and then AM3.2
then the problem is gone.
Butttt......with AM2.3.1, I have to restart my laptop in order to solve the problem, :oops:

Have fun
Jedeen

BTW...the new attachment is from this morning. As you can see, all the other data refs who also have empty strings have a subscription, only a few
are unsubscribed. Why?????
Attachments
MissingSubscriptions4.jpg

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

Also something for Corjan I'm afraid :) So it'll have to wait a couple of weeks.

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

Just to be sure, you are running the latest plugin?
http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.ph ... stallation

jedeen

#8 Post by jedeen »

Just to be sure, you are running the latest plugin?
Yep, downloaded and installed on 3-1-2018 :D
Also something for Corjan I'm afraid :) So it'll have to wait a couple of weeks.
No problema ;)

Have fun
Jedeen

jedeen

#9 Post by jedeen »

Hey guys,
I think I have found the "soluttion" for those missing data refs, better say....my wife found the solution. :shock:
A few days back she reported that she no longer could play "Word Freud" on her Ipad, she constant got the message that there was
something wrong with her clock.
After some hours with trial and error I did a reset for my modem and switches.....and guess what......she can play again and I have no
missing data refs anymore.
This is now for three days ....so I think this was the problem :oops:
Have fun
Jedeen

Ralph

#10 Post by Ralph »

Weird, so the network devices were somehow blocking traffic :? Big thanks to Wordfeud...