Memory Problems

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jedeen

Re: Memory Problems

#11 Post by jedeen »

Hello Corjan.....
finally I am able to show you some results.
I refurbished the ND completely and got rit of those timers.
The code has increased to about 3000 lines and 300+ data refs.
To my satisfaction both AM (2.3.1 and the beta 3.0.0) performed with no glitches.
I have published both instruments (PFD and ND) on my google drive.
Both instruments are there, for AM2.3.1 AND for AM3.0.0beta.
The ND only has the MAP page, the other pages like, PLD, VOR and APP will have to be coded and will be published later.
The link for my gdrive is: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cYT9H ... c9Hs2tH1oS
There is also a video which shows both instruments in action.
Also for you, I have uploaded a complete B737-800A file, which contains the complete aircraft with the so called fmod.
I opened an other threat in "Under development and finished work" just for reporting bugs and errors.

When everything is finished I will ask Ralph to put the ND in the store.
Regarding the PFD....there is some one else who is changing the text and is reporting regular some bugs or asking for some changes.
For instance, the speedtape will be altered in the next days, but the update will only be published on my gdrive.
I don't know what is common for the store regarding updates....when I do something wrong....please say it

Now my question :D
Is it possible to make a library in AM where I can put separate code files in???????
For instance....1 for the MAP page and one for the PLD page etc.
The files should be made accessible by turning the Mode Selector on the EFIS for capt and/or FO.

So in total there will be 8 programs in that library. (4 for the CAPT ND and 4 for the FO ND)
When I have to put all those code for the 4 programs in one long code sheet it will be hard to find something later on. :(

Have Fun
Jedeen

Oeps almost forgot.........There are no memory problems anymore :D :D

Ralph

#12 Post by Ralph »

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but you can create Lua 'libraries', which go in the lib folder I believe. The lib folder can be created next to the resources folder. 3.x automatically creates the lib folder, or at least it should. You have to make a call to these Lua files. There's a couple of instruments which use this, I think for example the CR200, or some instrument which is an overhead panel.

jedeen

#13 Post by jedeen »

Thanks Ralph, I will have a look at those instruments.
And yes, AM3.0 creates a lib, at least I saw one, did not look into it.
Will report back.

Ralph

#14 Post by Ralph »

It's the Challenger 300, but most of those instruments were removed from 3.0 because they relied upon XHSI being in the background of the instrument and we do not support transparency at the moment, which rendered them useless for now. You can still find them in 2.1.3.

Corjan

#15 Post by Corjan »

Hi.

There is a wiki page dedicated to this library thing, and how it works.
https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... _libraries

That should help you get it going. If you feel like something is wrong or missing, please let me know, so I can update the wiki page.

Corjan

jedeen

#16 Post by jedeen »

Hallo Corjan,
I did have a look at the wiki....and it seems that's is exactly what I was looking for :D
I will give it a try.
I am starting to day on coding the PLN page so we will see. Will report back
Thnx guy's