[MAJOR ISSUE: FSX]latest plugin shows incorrect sim version when connected and does not send data to FSX.

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

JackZ

[MAJOR ISSUE: FSX]latest plugin shows incorrect sim version when connected and does not send data to FSX.

#1 Post by JackZ »

@Corjan
Hi.

Upon launching of AM 4.02 today, I had a message of a new plugin version available.
I downloaded via the app and installed the new plaugin, and when launching FSX, the type of sim connected now displayed on the lower right is wrong, it says "Connected to FS2020", and of course, no data is sent to the gauge.

I tried to revert back to v3.6 of the previous plugin to no avail.

FASX is unusable with AM gauges at the moment. No tested with other sims platforms at the moment.

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

Sling

Re: [MAJOR ISSUE: FSX]latest plugin shows incorrect sim version when connected and does not send data to FSX.

#2 Post by Sling »

I reported this same behaviour back in July. I had assumed it got fixed because it hasn’t happened recently. Perhaps it got broke again. Try stopping the fs2020 bridge service and restarting AM and maybe the sim also to fix it as a temporary solution.

https://siminnovations.com/forums/view ... FSX#p38311

Corjan

Re: [MAJOR ISSUE: FSX]latest plugin shows incorrect sim version when connected and does not send data to FSX.

#3 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

SimConnect is SimConnect, so the interface will grab anything it can get its hands on, both FS2020 and FSX.

There is a way to keep them apart it seems, although it is not well documented.
Also, for me steam FSX connection is not made for some reason.

The trick now is to indentify what is FS2020 and what is not from the SimConnect interface. This is what I get:
simconnect_open_info.png
simconnect_open_info.png (9.81 KiB) Viewed 1213 times

Will create a new Flight sim plugin with additional logging of this information,

Corjan

Corjan

#4 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

Looking it how others do, it seems that checking for "KittyHawk" does the trick :).

There is a new plugin installer BETA on the wiki. If you feel like it, give it a spin.

Corjan