Non-uniform scaling of instruments gets reset

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

wohnlich

Non-uniform scaling of instruments gets reset

#1 Post by wohnlich »

I’ve spent hours to create a panel for Air Player on a Raspi. Since there is a problem with the screen resolution, I have to uncheck ‘Aspect ratio’ on the instruments and resize them in a non-proportional way. It ran well until a restart of Air Manager. As soon as I touch an instrument on the panel designer, almost (but not all) instruments resize to their standard 1:1 aspect ratio, ruining my panel in the process. Even a left click has the effect. It makes it unusable for me because for some strange reason I have to distort the instruments in the panel so that they are round on screen.

wohnlich

Re: Non-uniform scaling of instruments gets reset

#2 Post by wohnlich »

I was able to work around the problem by
  • logging into the Raspi through ssh: per the instructions on this forum,
    • place an empty file called "ssh" in the boot directory of the SD card, boot it up - then you have a running ssh server until next boot
      Login from another computer and use raspi-config to make the ssh permanent (and change the password while you're here)
    Manually set a forced resolution that matches the monitor using raspi-config
This avoids the problem with the distorted screen so that I didn't need to distort the gauges to compensate for it.
What remains is that whenever you touch a gauge that reaches beyond the margins of the screen, it snaps back into the screen. I have built a physical cockpit with gauge mask cutouts, with that it's necessary to place gauges so that they have negative X and Y coordinates (or reach over the canvas area). It's very annoying to have them snap back into the wrong place whenever you touch them with the mouse. I'll open a bug report for this.