Aerosoft CRJ Altitude autopilot

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

nwmart

Aerosoft CRJ Altitude autopilot

#1 Post by nwmart »

Hello. When attempting to adjust up/down altitude in CRJ for autopilot it will not move when using built in instruments and panels. It will work in other aircraft such as the 320. Complaints on the Aerosoft forums suggest this maybe a developer issue, but perhaps there's a way to script for this particular aircraft. Pretty new to this so thanks in advance.

jph

Re: Aerosoft CRJ Altitude autopilot

#2 Post by jph »

nwmart wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:49 am Hello. When attempting to adjust up/down altitude in CRJ for autopilot it will not move when using built in instruments and panels. It will work in other aircraft such as the 320. Complaints on the Aerosoft forums suggest this maybe a developer issue, but perhaps there's a way to script for this particular aircraft. Pretty new to this so thanks in advance.
Hi and welcome to the forums :D .

Can I please ask that when asking a question that you clearly state which Sim / Game you are running. ?, what version ?, what version of AM ?, The aircraft type, name, and developer and any other information. This would really help.
From the post you made, I believe you are running fs2020 with an aerosoft CRJ that is a custom aircraft for FS2020 - this was from a bit of 'googling'
As much detail as you can provide is really helpful to anyone that may help. Please don't presume that people know what you are referring to without info.

Let me say that I, personally, cannot definitively answer your questions. - I wish I could ! .. I can only say, at this point, that, after searching google to try to identify what you have and are running that you have so many things that may not be in your favour. FS2020 is unfinished. The SDK is not the best, to say the least. 3rd party Developers are doing things, in many cases, that are a work around and can cause so many issues. As you rightly say, this 'may' be (probably is!) a developer issue and contacting Aerosoft would be a good first choice.
FS2020 is very limited by it's lack of MS / Asobo support and quality of programming, and unfinished SDK, and also the rush of 3rd party developers to release anything with whatever workarounds and fudges they can do to make a product 'mostly' work. It really is (FS2020) - imho - still a 'beta' and aimed more at gaming. but hey, that is just my opinion.
Again Welcome. I hope you enjoy the forums and can find answers.

Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

nwmart

#3 Post by nwmart »

Thanks Joe, you must have read my mind since I didn't provide much information. MSFS2020 1.15.7.0. Custom CRJ from Aerosoft.

My understanding is you can make this work with LVARs via spad.next or Lorbys AxisAndOhs, but didn't know if AM had a secret. :) I understand msfs hasn't been the easiest for developers, but gotta try my luck! Thanks for your reply.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

The goal is to have Lvars and legacy events (I think that is what it's called) supported in version 4.1.

jph

#5 Post by jph »

nwmart wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:47 pm Thanks Joe, you must have read my mind since I didn't provide much information. MSFS2020 1.15.7.0. Custom CRJ from Aerosoft.

My understanding is you can make this work with LVARs via spad.next or Lorbys AxisAndOhs, but didn't know if AM had a secret. :) I understand msfs hasn't been the easiest for developers, but gotta try my luck! Thanks for your reply.
No problem :)
Hope you get sorted. There have been several posts here in the past with people finding creative workarounds for the many FS2020 foibles so maybe they can help ?. I use X-Plane so am not at all familiar with FS2020.
At least you know that the guys at AM are working on adding more support as things become more stable and standardised. I am sure people will find differing ways in the mean time.
Fingers crossed and hope you enjoy both your SIM experience and AM.
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.