Console output order reversed ! (again) - baffled....

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jph

Console output order reversed ! (again) - baffled....

#1 Post by jph »

Hi chaps.

@Ralph @Corjan
It is quite a while since I experimented with straight coding in AM editor ...
But, the console output is reversed from the industry standard. ? - I thought this was fixed ???
Apologies if I have missed something obvious.
I though this was resolved in - https://siminnovations.com/forums/viewt ... f=8&t=3598 ??

Images from standard Lua editor - this is how I would always expect the output to be -
console output correct.jpg
This is what appears in AM - both 3.x and 4.x and is incorrect imho. the order should be reversed. I thought it WAS !! (ie - it followed the norms) - as per the last post - ie, it was correct and matched the industry standard.
console output incorrect.jpg
Again - apologies in advance if I am missing something ? - is there a setting I have overlooked ?
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

Re: Console output order reversed ! (again) - baffled....

#2 Post by Ralph »

Your screenshot is from Air Manager 3. Here version 4 works fine, see the screenshot.
print.jpg

jph

#3 Post by jph »

:shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

DOH !
Sorry Ralph, you are 100% correct. For some reason I had 2 shortcuts that I thought were 3.x and the other 4.x Beta..... they were both pointing to 3.X...

I will turn the light off as I leave........................... :D

(Hangs head in shame)....................... :roll:
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

Have you been drinking again?! ;)

jph

#5 Post by jph »

Ralph wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:20 am Have you been drinking again?! ;)
Not this time... ;) - I think it is was 'senior moment' .. :mrgreen:
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

jph

#6 Post by jph »

However, It is 24C outside so, after your suggestion ;) - I think I will sit in a deck chair and open a cold one. :lol:
I have had enough coding for today. I was also coding arduino at the same time. It is not good to mix them. Lua still leaves me totally baffled as to their use of local variables.. but that is for another day. :shock:
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

You're making my jealous... I think I should move to Portugal or some other warm country too when I retire. My grandparents moved to Gran Canaria when they got older. A steady 18 ~ 28 degrees, lots of sun, a sea breeze... Sounds good to me.

jph

#8 Post by jph »

Ralph wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:34 pm You're making my jealous... I think I should move to Portugal or some other warm country too when I retire. My grandparents moved to Gran Canaria when they got older. A steady 18 ~ 28 degrees, lots of sun, a sea breeze... Sounds good to me.
haha :)
I learned a long time ago that it is so so easy to get caught in the rat race and never get off the hamster wheel. :? :o :shock:
Life is simply too short to be working all the time and spending vast amounts of money on 'unnecessary' necessary things and wanting bigger and better.
'There are no pockets in shrouds'. This short life is NOT a rehearsal. When the lights go out from this mortal coil, that is it.. finito .. end of chat .. no 72 virgins in the sky, no pearly gates. Absolutely nada. No fictitious beings and (insert favoured deity here). No 'afterlife' .. nada, simply nothing. You get one shot. ... That is it, your one chance.
My wife's mum died at age 55. My Mum and Dad died at ages 74 and 73 respectively. Not causes that will necessarily affect us - but a kick in the teeth to make us wake up.
There are many places in the world that you can live extremely well on a budget that would not be able to sustain a reasonable standard or quality of life in your home country. It is all relative of course.
Since we decided to sell up everything in the UK (17 years ago at age 47) , clear all debt, and move to a country that was far better in almost all ways than the UK as far as quality of life and cost effectiveness goes - I have never looked back.
After spending many many years here we bought 4 granite walls and a roof for 14K - euro - then another 28K to completely - and I mean completely - renovate it to be a superb house. You couldn't buy a bloody garage for that in the UK !.
the 'rates' (yearly services tax) on the house is around 30 euro. as opposed to around 1 or 2 thousand in the UK. !.. this type of house in the UK, in this idyllic location would be close to 200K in the UK.
You DO need to know the rules and regulations and WHERE to look of course. and that is something that cannot be learnt overnight. Our mandatory yearly outgoings are so low as to be negligible.
We have peach, lemon and orange growing in the back garden. We get beautiful fresh eggs weekly from a local farmer. Kiwi fruit and whatever is in season is simply there for the taking. Share and share alike.
We run too cars, my beloved Land Rover Freelander 2.0 TDI, and my wife's Fiat Panda. We can live happily on less than the minimum wage in the UK, AND have a good disposable income.
Cars don't even suffer corrosion here as there is no salt on the roads. The HARDEST thing about selling up and moving to somewhere that makes your life comfortable and affordable - as well as being in a lovely and desirable climate that virtually negates heating / cooling expenditure - AND get's you off the hamster wheel is --- to actually MAKE the decision in the first place. That is the only hard bit. The rest is easy.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.