AM4 Crashing xplane

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Mike Horsten

Re: AM4 Crashing xplane

#11 Post by Mike Horsten »

No other plugins installed!, just AM. and the default X-plane plugin.

I wish i had the log file, but it worked great till the last beta release (current yesterday 31 march)
Building a home Cessna 172SP Steam. X-plane/MFS2020
(ex Name on Airmanager forum Polarair)

Ralph

#12 Post by Ralph »

Doesn't necessarily have to be a plugin that crashes. X-Plane is very well capable of crashing itself :)

Mike Horsten

#13 Post by Mike Horsten »

Very true, but once i removed all AM things there was no issue with X-plane with or without Vulcan drivers. Can it be a memory issue im running 64GB internal.

jph

#14 Post by jph »

Mike Horsten wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:41 pm Very true, but once i removed all AM things there was no issue with X-plane with or without Vulcan drivers. Can it be a memory issue im running 64GB internal.
Hi Mike, It certainly wont be a memory issue that you have -- caveat - unless something running had a massive memory leak :o :D - but I think you can safely presume this is not the case here ;) .

A couple of things. - Just to rule out some areas.
Are you overclocking the system - processor / ram or GPU ?
Have you tried a different graphics driver ? - it is amazing how much havoc and heartache a GPU driver can cause however removed from the issue it appears to be. AMD are worse than NV imho, but.... Also, if a specific driver for your card is being recommended by Laminar for that release of X-P then it would indicate that there are known issues already, in regards to stability.
If you are overclocking any part then please try with bios defaults and remove any gpu O/C utility.

If you ever want to check memory usage - or processor / gpu / gpu memory etc - when X-P is running on windows, simply press CTRL SHIFT and ESC at the same time to bring up the Task manager window, then select 'performance' then the side graph box 'memory' - or whatever other option you would like.

It is always a difficult one though unless you can re-create the issue on demand.
Good hunting. It is a 'PITA' I know - (Pain in the Ar$e) ;)
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Mike Horsten

#15 Post by Mike Horsten »

jph wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:45 am
Mike Horsten wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:41 pm Very true, but once i removed all AM things there was no issue with X-plane with or without Vulcan drivers. Can it be a memory issue im running 64GB internal.
Hi Mike, It certainly wont be a memory issue that you have -- caveat - unless something running had a massive memory leak :o :D - but I think you can safely presume this is not the case here ;) .

A couple of things. - Just to rule out some areas.
Are you overclocking the system - processor / ram or GPU ?
NO
Have you tried a different graphics driver ? - it is amazing how much havoc and heartache a GPU driver can cause however removed from the issue it appears to be. AMD are worse than NV imho, but.... Also, if a specific driver for your card is being recommended by Laminar for that release of X-P then it would indicate that there are known issues already, in regards to stability.
YES, Using the recomended version from AMD that is referenced on the X-plane site. NO Updates
If you are overclocking any part then please try with bios defaults and remove any gpu O/C utility.
NOPE

If you ever want to check memory usage - or processor / gpu / gpu memory etc - when X-P is running on windows, simply press CTRL SHIFT and ESC at the same time to bring up the Task manager window, then select 'performance' then the side graph box 'memory' - or whatever other option you would like.

It is always a difficult one though unless you can re-create the issue on demand.
Good hunting. It is a 'PITA' I know - (Pain in the Ar$e) ;)
Joe
New info:
Bootloader.exe is seen as a threat in win10Pro.
Message as follows:
Detected: Program:Win32/Wacapew.C!ml
Status |Active (After allowing it)
Date:4/2/2021 11:50 AM
Details: This program has potentially unwanted behavior.
Affected Items: file: C:\Program Files\Air Manager BETA\Bootloader.exe

This is on two PC's one with WIN10 Pro (running XP11.53 and one with WIN Home XP-11.52 (developmentPC).

Joe: Alle is working in 3.7 without problems. Nice framerate no issues 3 screens. (One main, one AM display panel, One Autopilot, DME, Audio settings)

Development PC gives same errors so its definitely AM causing the issue. There are no other programs on the PC except Firefox and the IVAO app. Even with no starting the IVAO app same results. The Main flightsim has nothing installed exect other flightsims, MFS2020 and Prepar3D v5, as i us it for testing the hardware im building.
Mike

jph

#16 Post by jph »

Ok Mike thanks.
The bootloader.exe appears to be a false positive from your AV. I know Bitdefender has an issue with it - and certain other AV as a PUP. There is a thread on here recently. Add bootloader.exe to your exceptions list. It certainly appears to not be a threat at all.
What AV are you using ?. some auto quarantine the file or even delete it. It may well be your AV interaction that is causing an issue ? - worth removing that from the equation by adding it to exceptions, or, disabling AV to test.

I would definitely whitelist it / add to exceptions. You can check on virustotal if you want but it checked out fine when someone else reported the issue
Here is a link to the post -

https://siminnovations.com/forums/viewt ... exe#p34117

At least doing that rules out another potential cause if still the same after adding the exception.

edit - also Mike - probably not the case at all, but check the shortcut is starting AM from bootloader.exe and not from airmanger.exe which I believe is what @Corjan recommended in another post re another post regarding bootloader.exe.
Hope that helps (probably not :? :) but we can hope)
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#17 Post by Ralph »

I gave it a quick try with the new version of X-Plane, but couldn't get it to crash. If someone can reproduce it consistently and is sure that it is caused by our plugin, then please let us know.

Regarding the virus. It's a false positive again. Corjan found this, it even happens with a simple 'Hello world' application:
https://developercommunity.visualstudio ... cat/967670

jph

#18 Post by jph »

Ralph wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:35 am I gave it a quick try with the new version of X-Plane, but couldn't get it to crash. If someone can reproduce it consistently and is sure that it is caused by our plugin, then please let us know.

Regarding the virus. It's a false positive again. Corjan found this, it even happens with a simple 'Hello world' application:
https://developercommunity.visualstudio ... cat/967670
Jeez, Microsoft strikes again :shock: :lol: Worrying when they false flag their own stuff.. Yikes.
At least they have fixed it in 'Defender' so it is no longer false flagged. :roll:
Next it will be a windows update that gets rejected by windows itself.......................................................... :mrgreen:
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#19 Post by Ralph »

:lol: That wouldn't supprise me. It's very frustrating. I hope we won't have this problem with the release version :o