AM4 Crashing xplane

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Keith Baxter

AM4 Crashing xplane

#1 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

AM4 is causing xplane to crash.

1) if AM is open and running then xplane will not load and crashes.

2) Sometimes when xplane is started first AM will hang and become un responsive.

3) It also sometimes happens that xplane will crash randomly if AM is running.
crash.png

After I then close AM and restart xplane. xplane will not load using the valkan driver. I have to load xplane then go to settings and recheck the valkan driver. Shut down xplane and reboot. Xplane then loads using the valkan driver.
vulkan.png

NOTES:
1) All drivers are up to date.
2) Windows is up to date.
3) xplane log text.

Code: Select all

OpenAL loaded: Resources/dlls/64/openal32.dll
OpenAL devices: OpenAL Soft
Open AL default device:OpenAL Soft
OpenAL vendor	: OpenAL Community
OpenAL renderer  : OpenAL Soft
OpenAL version   : 1.1
OpenAL hardware  : OpenAL Soft
OpenAL extensions: ALC_ENUMERATE_ALL_EXT ALC_ENUMERATION_EXT ALC_EXT_CAPTURE ALC_EXT_DEDICATED ALC_EXT_disconnect ALC_EXT_EFX ALC_EXT_thread_local_context ALC_SOFTX_device_clock ALC_SOFTX_HRTF ALC_SOFT_loopback ALC_SOFTX_midi_interface ALC_SOFT_pause_device AL_EXT_ALAW AL_EXT_DOUBLE AL_EXT_EXPONENT_DISTANCE AL_EXT_FLOAT32 AL_EXT_IMA4 AL_EXT_LINEAR_DISTANCE AL_EXT_MCFORMATS AL_EXT_MULAW AL_EXT_MULAW_MCFORMATS AL_EXT_OFFSET AL_EXT_source_distance_model AL_LOKI_quadriphonic AL_SOFT_block_alignment AL_SOFT_buffer_samples AL_SOFT_buffer_sub_data AL_SOFT_deferred_updates AL_SOFT_direct_channels AL_SOFT_loop_points AL_SOFT_MSADPCM AL_SOFT_source_latency AL_SOFT_source_length

Fetching plugins for D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins

Loaded: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/PluginAdmin/64/win.xpl (xpsdk.examples.pluginadmin).

Loaded: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/HSAIRXPL-Win-64.xpl (com.haversine.air.xpl).

Loaded: D:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/Air Plugin/64/win.xpl (com.siminnovations.AirPlugin).

Airport-Navigator v1.4.7 [INFO]: Mon Feb 15 23:38:31 2021

--=={This application has crashed!}==--

4) withinthe AM log text file.

Code: Select all

2021-02-15 23:38:35 INFO  SimBusConnectionHandler - Discovered X-plane on 192.168.0.164:55556 (am_port=55558)
2021-02-15 23:38:35 INFO  SimNavClient - Connected to 192.168.0.164
2021-02-15 23:38:35 ERROR SimNavClient - Lost connection with client: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. 

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Keith Baxter

Re: AM4 Crashing xplane

#2 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

Just to add.

1) The crash happens when ANY instrument is open in AM. That is instruments using the new nav data and those not using nav data.
2) If AM is open but no panel or instrument is running in create/edit then xplane seems not to crash.
3) If xplane is open and on the landing page and with no airframe selected. as soon as an instrument is started xplane crashes.
4) Forgot to mention xplane 11.51. Not the beta
5) This is not a random issue. It can be reproduced at will.
6) Tested with firewall disabled. Still ccrashes.
Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Keith Baxter

#3 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

I checked all here. Nivda and AMD drivers are up to date.
https://x-plane.helpscoutdocs.com/artic ... s-crashing

Keith

Keith Baxter

#4 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

Corjan thank you for Beta 26. A huge improvement in speed and very usable.
Also no issues with the updates. Everything went very well.

However the bad news is that the xplane crashing issue remains.
Xplane now 11.52

Keith

Keith Baxter

#5 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

"Big guy" jumped on my machine this afternoon and within 1/2 hour sorted the issue. He was on a AMD R9 5950X CPU machine though. :lol: :lol: :lol: And without 20 new beta updates. :lol: :lol: Had the issue sorted. Watching Corjan work in resolving this issue was mind boggling. So fast and efficient and a true professional.

Great service SI guys

Keith

Mike Horsten

#6 Post by Mike Horsten »

What was the result. I have been experiencing lots of crashes with X-Plane 11.52 I will check if its airmanager, never did think about it. Latest AM beta.
Ill post the log asap.
Building a home Cessna 172SP Steam. X-plane/MFS2020
(ex Name on Airmanager forum Polarair)

Mike Horsten

#7 Post by Mike Horsten »

Sorry X-Plane 11.53 NO AM NO Issues

As i get a strange message : Bootloader.exe
Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You need appropriate permissions to accces the item"

If i start AM Beta directly it starts, but i get crashes after some time. 10-15 min Vulcan disconect

Mike Horsten

#8 Post by Mike Horsten »

Update on this:
Removed all the Beta AM4 stuff from the pc , rebooted and reinstalled 3.7 (Flashed all the mega's back to 3.7 via the application. so there would be no conflicts.
Restarted X-Plane and all works. Applied the Vulcan driver and installed the recommended by X-plane version for the RX5700 from AMD.
Vulcan works, X-plane works, AM3.7 works.
The funny thing is that there is no crash message in the log files, just dies after asynchronous loading. Just sits there, checked taskmanager and the task says not responding and there is no GPU use. After a while or a mouseclick it goed back to desktop.
Hope this helps.

Mike

Sling

#9 Post by Sling »

Funny you mention this because I’ve also had a couple of Xplane crashes of late. I did not investigate further but it’s definitely worth mentioning it hear. If you can reproduce it then all the better for tracking down the cause.

Ralph

#10 Post by Ralph »

We've had people blaming our software for crashing X-Plane in the past, but this was rarely the case. The only time I can remember was a long long time ago. In 99.99% of all cases it was a different tool/plugin. But if you have something you can easily reproduce, and you're absolutely sure that it is our plugin, then we can have a look.