Beechcraft Baron 58 (premium) starters

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

richdmoore

Beechcraft Baron 58 (premium) starters

#1 Post by richdmoore »

Hello. I purchased the premium Beechraft Baron 58 panel, and discovered that the both of the left and right 5 position mag switches only go to 4 positions, (the start position cannot be selected) which make it impossible to start either engine using either the touch controls or using the knobster.

The start position is modeled however, as I can use the xplane 11 in-cockpit controls to manually select each starter, and the mag switches on air manager display properly (knob turns to the correct position when the starter is engaged.) I have no idea why the start position displays properly, but not available when using touch/knobster controls.

I can't see the code, as this instrument is the premium panel, so I cannot modify the instrument myself.

I look forward to hearing a response, and hopefully a fix (with 3.7, as 4.0 is still in beta and can't load premium panels.)

Rich Moore

Sling

Re: Beechcraft Baron 58 (premium) starters

#2 Post by Sling »

Did you try pushing the knobster button for start. A few of the SI panels do it this way. I prefer the knobster rotary to work for all positions myself as I think it’s more realistic. Making it work with both the button and the rotary for start would be a nice improvement.