GFC 500 Altitude button

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

ericrolfe

Re: GFC 500 Altitude button

#11 Post by ericrolfe »

PaulRuskin wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:10 pm > I guess the altitude button behavior comes down to what kind of autopilot your simulator aircraft is using. I recommend, as mentioned here earlier, to make a clone and make the necessary changes for your aircraft.

I tried it with both the GFC 700 and the X-plane autopilot set - it didn't seem to make any difference. I'll see if I can learn enough to try to make it work (I guess it must work correctly with some autopilots?)

> I think that the VNAV 'problem' is the same as with the altitude. X-Plane has 3 different VNAV commands, which one works for you is very specific. What you can do, if your simulator aircraft autopilot has a VNAV button, is find out which command it triggers, then use that command in your script. You can do this with the datareftool, Russ made a useful video for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAyGbDWhlaw

The simulator aircraft aircraft doesn't have a VNAV button (it's a KFC 100 I think), but I've changed the autopilot to a GFC 700 which would have. There do seem to be published datarefs which have vnav in them. It could be I'm trying to do something that is not possible, and my understanding of the interactions between the commercial plane model (the Carenado M20J) and X-plane is very limited at this point. I tried my setup with the X-aviation M20R, but that had the problem that I couldn't change the altitude preselect for some reason.

I'll have a look at the videos.

Thanks for the support.

Paul
Paul - I'd recommend finding an x-plane model that has a G1000. That will use the GFC700 autopilot. Then use the dataref tool plug-in to see which data refs are changing as you press the keys on and off.

Then you can customize the Air Manager overlay to mimic those changes.

Then, once you've got it working, post it here, so other folks can beta test it. :D

Also, here's an article which may be of some help....

https://developer.x-plane.com/article/p ... -in-11-30/

Cheers,
Eric