GFC 500 VNAV

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

PaulRuskin

GFC 500 VNAV

#1 Post by PaulRuskin »

I'm not sure this is a bug, or something I've done, or just an incompatibility with what I'm trying to do. But if you can help, it would be appreciated.

My setup is:
X-plane 11.50r3
Carenado M20J with a Reality XP GTN 750
A recent Air Manager install, with the G5 panel to which a GFC 500 has been added.

On the whole it works very well. The G5s show the correct indications from the GNT both horizontally and vertically on approach. However, I don't seem to be able to get Vnav to work. The GTN does the right thing, but pressing the VNAV button on the GFC 500 has no effect. I've tried two different autopilot setups in X-plane (the GFC 600 and the X-plane custom).

If I look at the X-Plane datarefs and search on Vnav I get
sim/cockpit2/autopilot/altitude_vnav_ft=0.000000
sim/cockpit2/autopilot/fms_vnav=0
sim/cockpit2/autopilot/vnav_armed=0
sim/cockpit2/autopilot/vnav_status=0

Any thoughts?

Paul

Ralph

Re: GFC 500 VNAV

#2 Post by Ralph »

All the instrument does is sending a vnav command to X-Plane, what X-Plane does with it is out of our hands.

But since you're using an add-on aircraft, you might have to use custom commands.

Airmanf117

#3 Post by Airmanf117 »

Same issue here with the Carenado M20, Bonanza and Baron. Altitude control stuck at "0 ft" on the G5 in all of these aircrafts.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

If they use a general dataref and command then I might be able to hack something. But if it is different for every aircraft then I'm afraid it is as it is, I cannot make a custom implementation for each aircraft.