King HSI

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

captainronno

Re: King HSI

#11 Post by captainronno »

https://vimeo.com/477643810/d206ca23c7

I thought a video might be the best way here......First time posting or even making a screen video, my apologies for literally dropping the mic in the middle, hope the link works. Anyhoo, just to restate:

xplane 11, LR BE58, KMHT ILS17 109.1, CON VOR 112.9...though the behavior is the same anywhere I try it.

Aaron

JackZ

#12 Post by JackZ »

Oh ok it’s a bit clearer now.
Btw I’m not JK but JZ if you wish. :D

What I gather for my instrument (i will certainly not interfere with the others) is that it only sometimes displays the GS needles incorrectly. Probably I’m using an incorrect XPlane Dataref somewhere, or it’s a more complicated problem.

For the rest the behavior seems to be correct. Just noticed that the paid panel has also the Bendix King crown and DC (for electrical models, otherwise it would be VAC for vacuum pump gyros) displayed on the bezel, nice detail I recall having spent quite some time in Skinman just to draw this little crown. Devil is in the details...

I’ll have a look at it time permitting, thanks for pointing this out.

Jacques Z.
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

captainronno

#13 Post by captainronno »

My apologies on the name! I was trying to avoid horribly mispronouncing your name and screwed up anyway! :(

Is there not a way to edit instruments from the paid panel? Knowing the code for those could help me, also would allow me to fix the instrument air gauge.

Aaron

Sling

#14 Post by Sling »

Aaron,

Can i suggest you give the Garmin GI 106A/B CDI by Experimental SIm Avionics a try. I know its not a King HSI which is what you need for the Baron but I'd be interested to know how you fair with the to/from and glideslope needle issues you see with the HSI's. If its all good it would indicate that extra data is required in the HSI's to make the mode of operation determination. At the moment i think the GS needle as an example just takes the raw vdef dataref from xplane and uses it for the needle deflection. Unfortunately it seems xplane sets the needle deflection to 0 when tuned to a VOR, hence a centred needle. There is other data that when combined can be used to determine when to show certain elements of the HSI. It would be good to see a side by side comparison with this and the others with the same testing around KMHT.

Tony

Ralph

#15 Post by Ralph »

I think that the Baron 58 HSI had the same issue. It's indeed the issue that X-Plane sets the dots to 0 when there's no signal, it's arguable if this is correct or not. On the B58 HSI I just hide the glide slope markers when there's no GS signal, also arguable :lol:

JackZ

#16 Post by JackZ »

Well I think i found it.
The datarefs for the GS flag (that basically sends the G/S needle away from view), was not the proper one as I suspected.

I use now

Code: Select all

"sim/cockpit2/radios/indicators/nav1_flag_glideslope","INT"
and

Code: Select all

"sim/cockpit2/radios/indicators/nav2_flag_glideslope","INT"
instead, and changed the code accordingly, as this dataref works in reverse order of the previous one.

@captainronno Here's a v1.30 version of my HSI for you to try, it dhould be fixed. Please report if the bug continues, haven't throroughly tested tbh.
About the failure flags that appear in case of loss of DC, you will notice that when elec power is restored, the HDG flag takes a few seconds to go out, as it takes a few seconds for the Gyros to be at full speed and operational.
if everything is Okay i will send it to the store.

Jacques "JayZee" Z.
JZ BENDIX KI 525 HSI v1.3.siff
(845 KiB) Downloaded 203 times

JackZ

#17 Post by JackZ »

As you might have noticed, the HDG flag takes some time to disappear upon startup, or after DC power resume (approx 15 seconds).
This is on purpose in order to mimic the actual time taken by the gyros to pick up speed and be ready for HDG.
I have added this feature as a user property in the v1.35 version.
userprop.JPG
Devil is in the details.

Jacques
JZ BENDIX KI 525 HSI v1.35.siff
(845.55 KiB) Downloaded 211 times

captainronno

#18 Post by captainronno »

JayZee!
I'll test this today; sounds like you got it.
Aaron

captainronno

#19 Post by captainronno »

Just tested JZ's latest version; nailed it! Matches the behavior of the in-cockpit Xplane Baron... Thanks, Jaques!
Aaron

JackZ

#20 Post by JackZ »

Glad it worked, and thanks for pointing that bug out.

I will submit the modified version to the store.

Jacques