Touchscreen Monitor running Air Manager Panel acccidently controlling MSFS 2020 camera on 4k main screen

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

737Andi

Touchscreen Monitor running Air Manager Panel acccidently controlling MSFS 2020 camera on 4k main screen

#1 Post by 737Andi »

Hi,

I bought a brand new touchscreen that is configured properly under Win 10. Under Windows the touch function is only assigned to the touchscreen monitor itself. It is not controlling the main screen!

I then installed Air Manager 4 Beta 13 for MSFS 2020 with the standard Cessna 172 panel being shown on my touch screen.
Everything is working well. I can use the touch function to interact with the controls.

However there is one annoying thing. When I use the touch function from Air Manager the MSFS 2020 cockpit and outside camera being shown on my 4K main monitor are being controlled by the touchscreen simultaneously. That means rotating the heading knob on the touchscreen causes the camera in the flight sim cockpit to move.

I have already checked that the touch screen (being shown under the controls section of MSFS as "touch pointer") is not assigned to any Sim controls. It definitely is not. Nevertheless the touch display can control the camera on the 4K.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thank you so much!

Regards Andi

Steku

Re: Touchscreen Monitor running Air Manager Panel acccidently controlling MSFS 2020 camera on 4k main screen

#2 Post by Steku »

Follow this and make sure only your touch scrren is touch enabled:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ_zD4IdvFs

Ralph

Re: Touchscreen Monitor running Air Manager Panel acccidently controlling MSFS 2020 camera on 4k main screen

#3 Post by Ralph »

That won't help. It's a bug/feature in FS2020 (one of many) where FS2020 doesn't let go of the window focus. All other sims and software don't do this.

I'm afraid it's one of the many issues you'll have to live with if you choose for FS2020, at least for a while.

Steku

#4 Post by Steku »

Seems that I'm just lucky to not experience this bug. I have the Knobster, so I do only the "press the button" touches not "turn the knob" touch-circles. My sim is in full screen mode.
I wonder how is this possible - you touch one display, so anything on the other displays should be "untouched".

Ralph

#5 Post by Ralph »

It's indeed a mystery. FS2020 locks the focus to itself.