Latest Beta has console order reversed

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Sling

Latest Beta has console order reversed

#1 Post by Sling »

The subject says it all. Is this a bug or for some reason intentional. It had me going for a bit as I’m so used to the other way because it’s been that way for as long as I can remember. Can we have it back the way it was please.

Tony

Ralph

Re: Latest Beta has console order reversed

#2 Post by Ralph »

Haha! It was reversed intentionally to make it match a conventional console print.

Sling

#3 Post by Sling »

For the record I hate it this way. I was so used to the way it was for so long. I’ll play some more. I would hope the newest lines are always visible else it’s a step backwards.

JackZ

#4 Post by JackZ »

Haven’t tested the new version, but the new console was long awaited.
Of course the text should scroll upwards so the latest print() is always visible, but in logical order, the older lines being the first ones in the normal order of reading.

Having the console running backward was always a nonsense to me, especially when trying to debug, as new events would appear on top of older one, to the contrary of the normal way.

Jacques
Last edited by JackZ on Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

jph

#5 Post by jph »

Agreed.
This is how it 'should' always have always been imo - ie: logical order (with scroll) - standard practice. so is correct for stdout - and logical and intuitive - and NORMAL practice.
so well done on the latest B11 !
SciTE.jpg
Last edited by jph on Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

jph

#6 Post by jph »

Ralph wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:59 pm Haha! It was reversed intentionally to make it match a conventional console print.
Thank you ! - it is excellent now.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#7 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

Hmm remember this. :lol: :lol: :lol:
gauge_generator.siff
(5.71 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
Well It still prints like it used to. I have not changed anything. Might be that it was changed after I did that and now back again. Don't know.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Sling

#8 Post by Sling »

JackZ wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:15 pm Of course the text should scroll upwards so the latest print() is always visible, but in logical order, the older lines being the first ones in the normal order of reading.
Unfortunately this is not the case and it sucks IMHO. @Corjan please fix this its very annoying having to scroll to the bottom each time to see the latest output.

If you want to keep the new order which I agree is more conventional then please make the scroll bar automatically scroll to the bottom so it always shows the latest output. Because the display order has changed the scroll needs to change with it. You then scroll upwards if you want to see older output.

Keith Baxter

#9 Post by Keith Baxter »

@Sling

If you move the slider to the very bottom then the last print is shown like you requested.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Sling

#10 Post by Sling »

Keith Baxter wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:56 pm @Sling

If you move the slider to the very bottom then the last print is shown like you requested.

Keith
Keith, I understand but that needs an action. The newest print should be visible without any action.