xpl_dataref_write not working?

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

baranismen

xpl_dataref_write not working?

#1 Post by baranismen »

Hi, I guess there's a problem with the API of xpl_dataref_write as half of my system is not working since the last update. The scripts with xpl_dataref_write ain't work but the commands are working just fine. Using Zibo by the way.

Keith Baxter

Re: xpl_dataref_write not working?

#2 Post by Keith Baxter »

baranismen wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:17 pm Hi, I guess there's a problem with the API of xpl_dataref_write as half of my system is not working since the last update. The scripts with xpl_dataref_write ain't work but the commands are working just fine. Using Zibo by the way.
Hi

Did you check if you have the dataref type correct?
Before the type was not strict between <int> and <float>. Now you have to have the type correct else you will get errors.

Keith

EDIT: Post your code that is not working and I will check for you.
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

baranismen

#3 Post by baranismen »

Keith Baxter wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:23 pm
baranismen wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:17 pm Hi, I guess there's a problem with the API of xpl_dataref_write as half of my system is not working since the last update. The scripts with xpl_dataref_write ain't work but the commands are working just fine. Using Zibo by the way.
Hi

Before the type was not strict between <int> and <float>. Now you have to have the type correct else you will get errors.

Keith

It was working until the 3.7 patch Keith, and I did not change anything, didn't even open the sim for a while now as I'm waiting for the final release of 11.5 patch of XP-11. I double check from the dataref manager and they can be manually triggered there (the value can be changed), but with AM nothing works in the name of Dataref writing. Interesting. Rest is working as it should be.

Keith Baxter

#4 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

OK just pop me off a short bit of code that is not working so that I can test my side.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

baranismen

#5 Post by baranismen »

Keith Baxter wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:23 pm
Hi

Keith

All right I'm sorry, yeah converting them from INT to FLOAT fixed the problem.

Keith Baxter

#6 Post by Keith Baxter »

No problems bud.

Glad you got it sorted.

Keith