AM 3.7 and XP Vulcan 11.5B9 not working, "Searching for Flight Sim" error

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Buckytooths

AM 3.7 and XP Vulcan 11.5B9 not working, "Searching for Flight Sim" error

#1 Post by Buckytooths »

AM 3.7 worked OK with XP Vulcan up until I upgraded to 11.5BETA9 then it stopped. It refuses to make a connection. Get "Searching for Flight Sim" at bottom of window. I manually entered, in AM, the IP that shows in XP Network Tab. Turned off firewall. Checked that plugin was installed. Nothing else has changed. All IP's the same. Even AirManager iPad says "Lost Connection" etc.I unchecked Vulcan checkbox in graphics tab and rebooted XP. Still failure to connect. I get that everything is BETA, but this process has me burned out. Now nothing works so far as AM. Guessing AM plugin issue.

SimPassion

Re: AM 3.7 and XP Vulcan 11.5B9 not working, "Searching for Flight Sim" error

#2 Post by SimPassion »

Hi @Buckytooths

Does the AM plugin display its version number in X-Plane using [Plugins/Air Plugin/Information] ?

Gilles

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

I wouldn't necessarily suspect Vulkan. Please have a look at this page: http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.ph ... n_problems

davidwe1

#4 Post by davidwe1 »

Hello all,

Well, after years of air manager working perfectly on Mac (version 1), I did the terrible mistake to buy a 3600 usd gaming PC for X-plane. I run also b9, as I do in my MBP.
With a home cockpit at home , I bought yesterday the Windows version of Air Manager, and I can say that I collect all the bugs seen in this forum:

1: During the installation,"searching for the sim " is not working

2. The gauges are blinking violently (never saw that in mac). I read somewhere that it is linked to nvidia graphic card (I have a 2080 ti and my drivers are up to date )

3. OpenJDK Error and air manager freezes (and I have to close it) if I want to move the workspace in the other monitor, where my dashboard is. Here also some options in nvidi, but did not find where is the "click thru" .. I looked for that and do not know what is it...

4. Like I did for years with V! in OSX, I just want to take the instruments and move them FREELY between different monitors .. NOT a layout, which, rezised, is not covering the full size of the monitor..

Air manager OSX was very simple and straightforward, In 5 minutes ,I had a functional panel that I used in xp 10 and xp11.
The features of V1 were enough for me, if they are existing in windows 10, I would even prefer that.

For now, unable after 2 days, to get air manager working :(

Corjan

#5 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

1) Please have a look at this place for the most common connection issues:
http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.ph ... n_problems

2, 3) There is an issue with the Nvidia drivers of high end cards. Could you enable 'Click through' on the panel that you want to show? Select your panel, and on the right scroll down until you see the checkmark.

4) We actually changed the way in that each instrument is a window to each panel is a window. This makes it easier to resize complete panels. A bit less flexibility though. Note that you can create multiple panels.

Corjan