Constant CTD of AM3.7 during development

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

JackZ

Constant CTD of AM3.7 during development

#1 Post by JackZ »

Hi.
i did the mistake to accept the update to v3.7 while in the process of gauge development.
AM3.7 keeps on crashing, be it after a Lua error or sometimes for no particular reason, absolutely not stable.

Probably related to my tests with a "print" statement used for debugging that kinda creates a memeory overflow.
The console window should be cleared very restart of the gauge ideally, that is not currently the case, I guess the line buffer overflows...

Is there a way to revert to v3.6 in the meantime?

Thanks
Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

SimPassion

Re: Constant CTD of AM3.7 during development

#2 Post by SimPassion »

Hello Jacques @JackZ

as any new AM release update perform a database migration using SQL script
I guess the best would have been to perform a whole AM user folder backup before
if not available, with current situation try at first to backup the AM user folder, then install AM 3.6 and check if it works
if this doesn't solve revert back, by restoring previous AM user folder backup and overwrite then re install AM 3.7 until @Corjan come on this

Gilles
Last edited by SimPassion on Sat May 16, 2020 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SimPassion

#3 Post by SimPassion »

Additionally, before this, the thing which could help, is to exclude the "javaw.exe" / "bootloader.exe" / "airmanager.exe" processes from Windows Defender and other security tools real time scan

Gilles
Last edited by SimPassion on Sat May 16, 2020 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bmcmullan

#4 Post by bmcmullan »

JackZ - had similar problems with Air Manager Pi, though instruments ran fine in AM Desktop the Pi would CTD had to do this

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3116#p25864
FSX/P3D/XP11 - i7@5Ghz, GTX1080, 4 screens + Air Manager screen + custom hardware & Avionics COM, GPS, Radios, XPOND, AP (www.simav8.com)