Payware B58 panel

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Sling

Re: Payware B58 panel

#11 Post by Sling »

captainronno wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:33 pm I'm sure there's a reason, but does it need to be adjustable if the instrument is only for the Baron? Can't it just come with that value set right from the download?
I was thinking the same myself. No reason why it shouldn’t be fixed. I think the value should be 360 as that makes more sense with the gauge markings being every 20 C. It could be as simple as changing the user property default value to be 360 so you only need to change it if you for some reason wanted some other value.

Ralph

#12 Post by Ralph »

You would think so :) But it's quite important/handy.

1. As you have noticed, because it was out of sync again, X-Plane changes their EGT values regularly. With the setting you can tweak it for each different version of X-Plane, because you never know which version of X-Plane someone is running, that's not necessarily the latest version.
2. These gauges work for Prepar3D and FSX as well. Also there these temperatures differ between sims and releases.

If we didn't have this option, it would almost be a daily task for me to update all these EGT values, and we would need lots of instruments, one for each situation.

Sling

#13 Post by Sling »

Very good points Ralph. It’s not something I had noticed before so thanks for the heads up.

Tony

Crash'n'Burn

#14 Post by Crash'n'Burn »

It seems like there is an issue with the LR B58 as you have noted here when comparing it to the datarefs, but with correct AM gauges, that won't be an issue as I'll be looking at the AM gauges from now on.

Ralph

#15 Post by Ralph »

I found another issue in the LR B58. You can see that the speed coming from the simulator is nearly 176 knots. The airspeed indicator however is indicating around 171 knots.
B58 airspeed.jpg

Ralph

#16 Post by Ralph »

There's also a couple of errors in the REP manual, some dataref do not exist, like simcoders/rep/cockpit2/gauges/indicators/engine_0_rpm, that should be simcoders/rep/environment/prop_rpm_0
simcoders/rep/cockpit2/gauges/indicators/engine_0_egt doesn't exist at all, there's no REP EGT dataref.
Seems we're not the only ones making mistakes :lol:

Ralph

#17 Post by Ralph »

Okay this is my last message in a row :) The Simcoders panel for the LR Baron 58 is now online.

Keith Baxter

#18 Post by Keith Baxter »

Ralph wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:29 pm Okay this is my last message in a row :) The Simcoders panel for the LR Baron 58 is now online.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I interrupt for you!!!
you can continue now

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Crash'n'Burn

#19 Post by Crash'n'Burn »

Thanks @Ralph! There's nothing I need to do, right? AM will just download the updates by itself? Do I need to delete the old panel and use the new one or will the old panel also be updated?

Ralph

#20 Post by Ralph »

It's a separate layout, you'll find it between all the other layouts.