Air manager 2.1.2

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

shadyowl2

Air manager 2.1.2

#1 Post by shadyowl2 »

After installing the new version of air manager, I am now getting multiple bad arguments number expected got nil on instruments that was not showing previous on the last version, and it is random on all my gauges. I've also getting errors that gauges are being removed and could not find instrument. One in particular my b60 v2 cabin pressure vspeed gauge. I've uploaded the log text. Did something change in gauge programing. If I revert back there is no issues. :?:
Attachments
log.rar
(1.23 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
Last edited by shadyowl2 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OORAH!!!! Its a Marine Thing....USMC retired

Ralph

Re: Air manager 2.1.2

#2 Post by Ralph »

Are those instruments that are in the store? In other words, can we try them here? If they aren't, can you please send them to me?

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

Oh I see the cabin pressure. I'll try that one.

shadyowl2

#4 Post by shadyowl2 »

Ralph,
There all in the store. One other I could pick up was the bendix king generic kdi 572

shadyowl2

#5 Post by shadyowl2 »

I am also creating gauges for the A2A P51-D Military and it has deleted my Oxygen tank pressure gauge...The gauge is present in the gauges folder, and show under create and edit... On 2 air manager restarts it now says my duke b60v2 cabin pressure vspeed gauge could not be found and has removed it and my new a2a p51-d Military suction gauge. The A2A Military Mustang gauges are not uploaded yet as they are still in beta.

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

So the gauges are in the instrument folder, but the software says they can't be found? We had something similar during FlightSimCon, hoped that it was just a glitch, seems like it's not...

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

I can confirm the disappearing instrument problem. I had the same thing happening here just a minute ago. When I rebooted Air Manager, it was back.

I cannot confirm the 'nill problem' you had. Is this exactly the same instrument as from the online tab? And.... do you have the latest version of Java? I've heard of this problem before, somehow caused by an older version of Java.
https://www.java.com/en/download/

Can you confirm you've installed the new plugin?

shadyowl2

#8 Post by shadyowl2 »

Ralph wrote:I can confirm the disappearing instrument problem. I had the same thing happening here just a minute ago. When I rebooted Air Manager, it was back.

I cannot confirm the 'nill problem' you had. Is this exactly the same instrument as from the online tab? And.... do you have the latest version of Java? I've heard of this problem before, somehow caused by an older version of Java.
https://www.java.com/en/download/

Can you confirm you've installed the new plugin?

That is correct, Instruments will show in folder after reboot of air manager but will not show in the panel, is grayed out. All the instruments are from the online tab, Except my beta gauges in testing. Newest version of java is installed and new plugin is installed. Computer was rebooted prior to starting the new air manager. Problem still exists. Reverting back to 2.1.1 no errors at all.

Ralph

#9 Post by Ralph »

When Air Manager does that. Can you zip your instrument folder, the config.xml and log.txt file? Then we might be able to see what goes wrong. Zipping the complete Air Manager folder might be easier, although it probably won't include the log.txt file because it's open. Can you send that zip to us through something like wetransfer.com?

MikeH

#10 Post by MikeH »

Hi,

I too get the nil eror "logic.lua:64 bad argument: number expected, got nil" since updating to 2.1.2. These instruments worked previously (Downloaded from web, no changes). I updated Java but problem remains.

Also get instuments not found error.

Any further ideas??

Thanks

Mike