Error with Carenado Baron 58 FSX

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

jadolfo

Error with Carenado Baron 58 FSX

#1 Post by jadolfo »

Hello,

At the first time, sorry for my bad English.

I am using Air Manager on FSX with the Carenado Baron 58 and I have some problems:

- The fuel indicators not show the real fuel quantity.
- The EGT indicators show always at minimum.
- The watch not show the same time of FSX and not too the actual time. I think must be the simulator Local or UTC.

Thanks for this great software and I hope you can help me.

Best Regards.
Attachments
Baron.jpg
J. Adolfo Medina

Ralph

Re: Error with Carenado Baron 58 FSX

#2 Post by Ralph »

For the fuel you'll probably need to use LVAR's, these will be supported from version 2.1.1, which will be released somewhere soon (December or January). EGT is a difficult one, because the EGT temperature is different for each aircraft, and it even differs between the same aircraft type in a different sim. So it's really one that you have to modify, because there isn't one solution. Time can also be a difficult one, it depends on if the aircraft uses local or UTC time. Right now it uses UTC/ZULU time. You can edit the code so it shows local time:

Code: Select all

function PT_time(s,m,h,os,om,oh)
    img_rotate(img_seconds, (s+os)*6)
    img_rotate(img_small, (h+oh)*30 + (m+om)*6/12)
    img_rotate(img_big, (m+om)*6)
end
I'm not 100% sure if this works, but you can give it a try. Let me know if you need help with any of these other instruments.

RomanKoch

Re: Error with Carenado Baron 58 FSX

#3 Post by RomanKoch »

Ralph wrote:For the fuel you'll probably need to use LVAR's, these will be supported from version 2.1.1, which will be released somewhere soon (December or January). EGT is a difficult one, because the EGT temperature is different for each aircraft, and it even differs between the same aircraft type in a different sim. So it's really one that you have to modify, because there isn't one solution. Time can also be a difficult one, it depends on if the aircraft uses local or UTC time. Right now it uses UTC/ZULU time. You can edit the code so it shows local time:

Code: Select all

function PT_time(s,m,h,os,om,oh)
    img_rotate(img_seconds, (s+os)*6)
    img_rotate(img_small, (h+oh)*30 + (m+om)*6/12)
    img_rotate(img_big, (m+om)*6)
end
I'm not 100% sure if this works, but you can give it a try. Let me know if you need help with any of these other instruments.
For other Baron 58 flyers, I've just updated with 2.1.1 and refreshed all of the gauges and the EGT is spot on, thank you!

The fuel was a bit weird because it looked like it was calculating a percentage based on a 117 gallon tank. The graphic shows 90 something as the max, but fsx only gives me about 70 gallons on a full loadout. I just switched the max fuel to 71 and it seems to be working great.