Generic Aspen efd 1000

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

shadyowl2

Generic Aspen efd 1000

#1 Post by shadyowl2 »

Hey Guys,
My co owner and I are in the middle of upgrading our 59 Comanche avionics to a more current date. We've already upgraded to a Garmin GTN750, Prop Deice and so forth and we are deciding on either to go Bendix king or Aspen. Low and behold there is a EFD1000 to test. :D

While doing some testing found a few bugs for you guys.

The heading indicator is off by 21 degrees at heading 030 its reading 19 degrees.

Nav will only read NAV2 not Nav 1

I am running the current version 2.1.1 of air manager

Tested with A2A Comanche and FSX stock aircraft.
OORAH!!!! Its a Marine Thing....USMC retired

Ralph

Re: Generic Aspen efd 1000

#2 Post by Ralph »

I'm not sure about the heading indicator, I'll have a look later this week. It's hard coded to use NAV1, you can change it to NAV2 in the code, but there's no button to switch between those.

shadyowl2

#3 Post by shadyowl2 »

Ralph wrote:I'm not sure about the heading indicator, I'll have a look later this week. It's hard coded to use NAV1, you can change it to NAV2 in the code, but there's no button to switch between those.

Maybe an error in the code? If its hard coded to read NAV1, It's reading NAV2 currently Not NAV1.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

Could also be NAV2, I don't know :) It's somewhere at the bottom of the code in the variable subscribe.

russ

#5 Post by russ »

I noticed that and thought I mentioned it but it is hard coded to the enumerated value of 1 which is actually nav 2

Nav1=0
Nav2=1
GPS= 2

In line 535 the function new_HSI_FSX() Passes a constant "1" as the second parameter to the function new_HSI() where that parameter is the mode (or 0= nav1 , 1=nav2 or 2=GPS). Thus it's actually hard wired to NAV 2.

Just change that constant to 0 and it will work for NAV 1. Might be nice to fix that in the store.
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

JackZ

#6 Post by JackZ »

Hello
I'm in the process of a complete overhaul of the PFD 1000.
Most of the bugs have been fixed (other probably added ;-)) and tons of function been added (see other posts) based on the real ASPEN user manual
If you can wait till a beta version is released, you'll probably be pleased...
In the meantime, if you want to be our beta tester, be my guest...

Hoped Ralph could help us on this one, as he's the originator of this gauge, and I'm facing now problems of the gauge really slowing down....
Some optimization needed I guess in the code, a Lua Guru insight would be helpful IMHO!

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

I'm not really sure what could be slowing down the gauge. But if you share the instrument I'll see what happens here.

shadyowl2

#8 Post by shadyowl2 »

JackZ wrote:Hello
I'm in the process of a complete overhaul of the PFD 1000.
Most of the bugs have been fixed (other probably added ;-)) and tons of function been added (see other posts) based on the real ASPEN user manual
If you can wait till a beta version is released, you'll probably be pleased...
In the meantime, if you want to be our beta tester, be my guest...

Hoped Ralph could help us on this one, as he's the originator of this gauge, and I'm facing now problems of the gauge really slowing down....
Some optimization needed I guess in the code, a Lua Guru insight would be helpful IMHO!

Jacques

I'd be happy to beta test it for you. Just let me know when its ready