LOW SPEED AND LACK OF DATA

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

vfsintes

LOW SPEED AND LACK OF DATA

#1 Post by vfsintes »

Hello, I have been triying with a high complexity instruments like EHSI and ECAMS and I don' know why but the system frame data is really low. The instruents freeze. I use XPlane 10 and 2 PCs in the same NET wifi with 128 and 58 MB of speed rate of the wireless conection. Can it be resault of the use of wifi instead wired ethernet conection?

Kind regards

russ

Re: LOW SPEED AND LACK OF DATA

#2 Post by russ »

Could you tell us a bit more about your set up and what is happening?

First, you mention "high complexity instruments like EHSI and ECAMS". Are these instruments from the Sim a Innovations store or are they of your own design? I ask because I have connected 4-5 devices via wifi using some of the more complex instruments available without problems. I don't think the data required to support connections is that great.

Which brings me to question two. What version of Air Manager and on what operating system and computers are you using it? Include info on graphics cards used? I have seen low frame rates due to insufficient hardware trying to run complex instruments.

You say "the system frame data is really low" do you mean Air Manager or X-Plane or both have problems?

What is the X-Plane frame rate... You can show this on screen by selecting in Settngs /Data
What is the Air Manager frame rate on various devices used... Select show graphical information from the help menu.

Are you sure your plug--installed in X-Plane is the one that came with he version of Air Manager you are using? Mismatch could affect connection rates.

I assume your network is normal for other application including streaming media?

Fnally , Ethernet would be faster but I don't think this is Most likely a network speed issue.

Answer these questions and we can dig deeper and figure this out.
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

flyatr

#3 Post by flyatr »

I had problems with Air Manager gauges when I was on a wireless connection. But I could only get 40-50% Wi-Fi signal strength, so check that, too. Maybe use a repeater.

vfsintes

#4 Post by vfsintes »

Hello again,

XPLANE FPS is from 80/90 till 25 plenty of clouds.
Air Manger PC is something I must check next time.

Both PC uses Windows system, XP uses W8 64 bits and AM uses W7 64bits. AM uses Nvidia card but its not a problem related to hardware.

When I say low speed and fame retes I mean that the indicators jump, all the instruments are made by me. I'm talking about CRJ ECAM 1 and 2. I use the las version of AM and the plugin is the one that was downloaded with the last version.
If I swich off one of the ECAMS the othe one runs smoothly. I think that it' more related to wifi than other staff but I'm not sure...

Kind regards

russ

#5 Post by russ »

It would be nice to know what Frame Rate you get with one ECAM and both. Just go to to the Help menu and select Graphics Information. It will open the window below. Just put it off to the side where you can peak at the F{S: valve and try the situation again.

I don't see the ECAMS for CRJ in the Sim Innovations store. Is this by Jack Zero, downloaded somewhere else?

GraphicsInfo.PNG
Russ Barlow
Air Manager Evangelist

vfsintes

#6 Post by vfsintes »

Hello, Both ECAMS for CRJ-200 XPLANE Version are developed by myself.
I'll do this test nest sunday.
Regards

Ralph

#7 Post by Ralph »

If I remember correctly... the CRJ200 uses a lot of INT and almost no FLOAT. Did you check the data with something like the datarefeditor?

vfsintes

#8 Post by vfsintes »

Yes, it uses a lot of INT values, can it be a problem??
Regards

Ralph

#9 Post by Ralph »

Not really, but if you use a needle with INT's (depends a bit on the scale of course), it will jump. INT's go from 1, 2, 3, 4, etc...

vfsintes

#10 Post by vfsintes »

After checking yestarday, I dont know why, but the use of the ECAM 1 makes the system run in 2/3 FPS. If I switch off this, the rest woks with 63 FPS. Can I send it to you and you check it?? I want to upload this instruments to the web, but with this bug.... is impossible.

Regards