C172 Premium Panel S-TEC55X Not Fully Working (MSFS)

Discuss suspected bugs with other users and Sim Innovations Staff

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Borrero

C172 Premium Panel S-TEC55X Not Fully Working (MSFS)

#1 Post by Borrero »

Hi Sim Innovations

I have a number of the panels for MSFS and am getting them working with a variety of standard MSFS aircraft. I've been flying the C172, and using the panel with the Garmin GNS530/430 cutouts. I have this working perfectly with PowerToys to pop out the GPSs and they work quite well. I have had some challenges with the knobs/buttons on these as they are very sensitive with the mouse, but they seem to generally work well.

However, I have also been trying to use the S-TEC55X as an autopilot but cannot seem to get some buttons working. I have managed to get the HDG, NAV, APR and REV buttons to work, and have managed to get the ALT button to maintain the current altitude. Unfortunately, I cannot get the VS button to engage (when you press it the colour of the button goes darker) and I have never been able to change the VS Up/Down either. The VS Up/Down does correctly show a circular up and down indicator when you press the mouse button over it... so that seems to be OK - but because I cannot engage the VS it seems that the up/down cannot really be invoked.

Is there a problem with the VS button? I've got the manual for the real unit and have checked this.... so have tried to have the aircraft in one of the Modes (generally NAV or HDG) and climbed so the Vertical Speed indicator is above zero - but the VS button never seems to lock onto any vertical speed setting and also doesn't allow the up/down to be invoked.

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Ralph

Re: C172 Premium Panel S-TEC55X Not Fully Working (MSFS)

#2 Post by Ralph »

Don't use the S-Tec because the FS2020 aircraft has no S-Tec, so it'll never work well. Please use the KAP 140.

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

I'm also going to change the ADF receiver soon. This one does not work with FS2020. Hopefully tomorrow.

Crunchmeister

#4 Post by Crunchmeister »

Ralph wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:58 am Don't use the S-Tec because the FS2020 aircraft has no S-Tec, so it'll never work well. Please use the KAP 140.
@Ralph, there are actually a few 3rd party aircraft by Carenado (possibly others I'm not aware of) that use the S-Tec. So it's definitely used in the sim, just not with the default aircraft.
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com

Ralph

#5 Post by Ralph »

That might be, but our Cessna panel is not made for those add-on aircraft :)