Cannot connect to flight simulator

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Thair.nl

Re: Cannot connect to flight simulator

#11 Post by Thair.nl »

I downloaded the plugin installer yesterday so if there are no changes since this weekend I have the latest version. I just downloaded the installaer from the link and it has the exact same size as the file I downloaded (and installed) yesterday.

Greetings,

Theo.
Boeing 737-800 simulator (under construction): http://thair.nl, Beechcraft Baron B58 simulator (also under construction): http://b58.thair.nl.

Ralph

#12 Post by Ralph »

Yep that's the same. The error is quite generic, I'm afraid we'll have to do a debug session. But Corjan is back in February, so it has to wait for a little while...

Thair.nl

#13 Post by Thair.nl »

OK ralph, I'll wait for Corjan to return. In the meantime I will be busy with the development of my instrument park so there is no hurry, just a nuisance that the testing of the instruments cannot be done after an instrument is "finished" but I can live with that.

Greetings,

Theo.
Boeing 737-800 simulator (under construction): http://thair.nl, Beechcraft Baron B58 simulator (also under construction): http://b58.thair.nl.

plagergren

#14 Post by plagergren »

I have the same problem, i.e. AM doesn't see P3D v4. AM is not in the add-ons and I can't add it from the P3D pull-down options menu because there are no add-ons visible. I do have add-ons in DLL.XML(FSUIPC and FSForce) but AM does not show up.

Also I have a properly confuigured arduino mega with the SI loader accomplished and seen by Windows as ComPort4, but it is not being seen by AM at all on the device tab.

What am I doing wrong?

Peter

plagergren

Re: Further to Cannot connect to flight simulator

#15 Post by plagergren »

I reinstalled AM plugin and now AM has been added to DLL.XML Still doesn't show up on P3Dv4 Add-ons and is not seen in the Options/Add-ons table.

Ralph

#16 Post by Ralph »

It is not listed in the add-on list, so that's correct. Please check if the installer says if the installation was successful and if so check C:\Users\your_username\Air Plugin\ for a file called p3d_log.txt

plagergren

#17 Post by plagergren »

I reinstalled everything from AM and now it connects to P3Dv4. Tadah!

Still having a problem with the arduino connection. Arduino.exe sees the board on Com4, but AM does not see it. I reinstalled all the arduino stuff but when I tried to download using the arduino installer I get this:

avrdude done. Thank you.

avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

avrdude done. Thank you.

I thought this might be because of the content.zip so I tried to include content using arduino/sketch/add zip library but arduino says "Specified folder/zip file does not contain a valid library" I tried this with both the zipped and unzipped folders and same results. I redownloaded and unzipped and tried again. Still no bueno.

Ralph

#18 Post by Ralph »

Is it a genuine Arduino or a Chinese clone? Did you run the Arduino installer from our wiki?

plagergren

#19 Post by plagergren »

Ran the installer from the wiki. The board was mnade in Italy, but who knows?

plagergren

#20 Post by plagergren »

Tried one more time to load the zip file and I got this error: "A library named SiMessagePort already exists" AM still doesn't see the device.