Air Manager License Transfer

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

flyatr

Air Manager License Transfer

#1 Post by flyatr »

Hi,

I have uninstalled the activated Air Manager from my PC. Then I installed AM on my laptop.

I cannot activate it, it says license in use.

Please assist.

Ralph

Re: Air Manager License Transfer

#2 Post by Ralph »

You can't dynamically switch licenses. Send me an email with your order number and I'll have a look.

Mandragon

#3 Post by Mandragon »

At first I had only one computer to run both x-plane and air manager. Now I got a laptop where I want to move the air manager software so I can use my main computer to only run X-plane. How can I do that without getting a problem with my license?

Mandragon

frumpy

#4 Post by frumpy »

So your laptop is the only computer to display the instruments? That can be done, if both
computers are networked.
You would have to contact Ralph to disable/unbind your license, then you can reinstall
and activate AM on your laptop.

root68

#5 Post by root68 »

Hi Ralph

I've got the same problem to simply transfer my bought license from one to another PC. To be honest I'm a little bit disappointed about this effort I have to do (email you, etc.). At the end the software should run on just one PC (smaller screen/touch). But the creation of the panel I want to do on my main PC with a bigger screen. So, at the moment I steady have to move from PC to PC actually for testing purposes.

I'm gonna write now an email to Ralph with my order number for the transfer.
Would be a nice feature, if we could be able to transfer the license to our needs, as long we only use one instance.

Markus
Last edited by root68 on Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

How would you suggest that the license transfer works and stays secure? If you know the solution we would gladly hear it :)

I'm away for Christmas until Wednesday, so it has to wait a little, sorry!

root68

#7 Post by root68 »

Hi Ralph
I‘m using different software with similar mechanism. For none of them it’s necessary to write an email for a PC change what costs waiting time as this example shows. I‘m able to unlock my PC name (or HW ID) from the license number in my website customer account like I have it in your enviro, too. Then I‘m able to register my license in a new way. The old PC only could login by using the demo mode as before.
Or how‘s about a floating license which counts the running instances as another idea?

Excuse me if my post yesterday sounded a bit harsh. As I was blocked in my work I was upset accordingly.

I fully understand your sense for secureness. The bound license for sure helps on that, too. I only need as customer the possibility to act to my personal needs whenever I want. I hope I made a constructive proposal above? As I believe, you likely need only a particular mechanism to connect your lic database with your website.

Have even though a nice christmas, Ralph. Enjoy the few free days.

Markus

Corjan

#8 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

You are right, that is a solid way to handle licenses.

The only downside to that is it requires some kind of check online once in a while to see if it is still active.
That would mean that AM and AP would require a internet connection in order to run. Since quite allot of our customers like to run our software on a dedicated sim PC that sometimes does not have internet connection, we choose to not go that route.

Corjan

root68

#9 Post by root68 »

Hi Corjan,

thanks for your answer on this.
I understand. Thought that AM is contacting on every start the license server anyway. Just tested that to recognize that's not the case.

Markus

Ralph

#10 Post by Ralph »

Only for online things like downloading instruments or panels. That's all.
For example one of our customers has his sim in his hangar on the airport, with no internet connection. And for our Professional versions, most professional simulators are not connected to the internet for security reasons. Oh and of course when activating the license.