Got AM3 installed but couple issues here

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

FlyIce

Got AM3 installed but couple issues here

#1 Post by FlyIce »

OK I downloaded AM3 and installed it. It runs but seems I'm having couple problems here:

1. I already activated AM3, but under main menu "Air Manager" I couldn't find any "Save" button. It only lists two options: "Activate Air Manager" and "Quit". Does AM3 now automatically save all the panels?

2. In AM2 if instrument A is on top of B, I click B and B will become on top of A. In AM3 A is stuck to be on top of B. This actually is ok but how can I determine in which order the instruments should be on top of each other in case they partially overlap?

3. In AM3 I can't Show/Hide individual instruments, I can only show/hide a panel.

I haven't connected AM3 to run with XP11 etc though, maybe that's the reason?

Ralph

Re: Got AM3 installed but couple issues here

#2 Post by Ralph »

1. Yes it does, and so did V2. The button was introduced due to a bug that made AM crash if I remember correctly, but it wasn't really necessary.

2. The last instrument in the list is on top. In a future version we might make it possible to change the order, that will probably be part of the interface/GUI going from JavaFX to Qt.

3. That's correct, you can only start a complete panel. You'll have to make multiple panels I would guess. You can clone a panel and remove or add instruments.

4. Did you install the latest plugin? https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... stallation

SimPassion

#3 Post by SimPassion »

FlyIce wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:52 am
.../...
3. In AM3 I can't Show/Hide individual instruments, I can only show/hide a panel.
.../...
This is one of my feature request

viewtopic.php?p=5206#p5206

Best regards
Gilles

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

I don't think that we will bring this back in V3, but it's up to Corjan.

FlyIce

#5 Post by FlyIce »

Just flew XP11 with AM3 on 2nd computer tonight and all went well. Interestingly, the Eclips 500 instrument used to have some display problems in AM2 but in AM3 it runs perfect.

Another great thing is that flying XP11 without cockpit can easily gain me 10fps, and having AM3 running on a touch screen really feels right.

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

That's good to hear, thanks :)