Can get AM3 to open, but not run

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

HeliEngineer

Can get AM3 to open, but not run

#1 Post by HeliEngineer »

I installed AM3 a few nights back to try out, and not get left behind on AM2.1.3 (as I have been told 2.1.3 will no longer receive updates or new instruments)
I have not been able to get AM3 to work over the last 4 nights, and am lost. This is the same laptop that runs x-plane 10 and AM2.1.3 together. It runs win7 pro, 64 bit, I5, 4gb ram, nvidia graphics.
Please see the attached a screenshot of what happens as soon as I try to run a gauge in create/edit, or in the panel mode.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled java, visual c++ from 2005 to 2017, and AM3 a few times now, with no change.
If I click ignore twice, the gauge will load as a white box.
AM2.1.3 still runs with no problems.

Any help will be appreciated.

JP
Attachments
loading problem.jpg

Corjan

Re: Can get AM3 to open, but not run

#2 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

The issue is probably that your graphics card does not support openGL ES 2.0.

Could you let me know what kind of video card you have installed?

Corjan

HeliEngineer

#3 Post by HeliEngineer »

Fast reply, thanks.
There is an nvidia GeForce GT 525M installed.
JP

Corjan

#4 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

That video card should be able to run AM 3.0 without problems.
Could you check the log.txt file in "C:\Users\<user_name>\Air Manager BETA\log.txt" and post that here, or attach.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Corjan

HeliEngineer

#5 Post by HeliEngineer »

I just went on the gforce website and downloaded the "gforce experience" suite. This seems to have fixed the problem. I had already updated the drivers a few days ago, but the driver update alone didn't fix the problem. Who knows....I fix helicopters for a living (Bell 412 & Bell 212), and I find computers more troublesome at times :lol:
I uploaded about 20 Bell 412 instruments last week. Hopefully will see them in the store for download soon. I am working on the auto pilot etc at the mo. I will finish them off in AM3 now. All the other 412 instruments work fine in AM3, except the fuel gauge. I will need to change the txt info.
Should I resubmit them via the AM3 prog now that I have it running? Or do you pull them out of your 2.1.3 data base?

JP

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

You can also send them as a zip if you want (info@siminnovations.com). I'm going to upload it all next week, too busy with 3.0 at the moment.