dials not working on touchscreen

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Buffaloguy

dials not working on touchscreen

#1 Post by Buffaloguy »

I just installed AM and all is working as expected with x plane. I have AM running on the PC with x plane. Switches are working on the 23 inch Dell touchscreen however dials will only work with the mouse. When I touch the dial I can see it rotate but is has no effect on the instrument. When I touch the dial it appears in a gray box on the screen. Any troubleshooting tips are appreciated. Thanks

Ralph

Re: dials not working on touchscreen

#2 Post by Ralph »

Which version of Air Manager are you using and is it set to touch input?

Buffaloguy

Re: dials not working on touchscreen: solved

#3 Post by Buffaloguy »

Hi Ralph

I am on the latest version and I do have the settings in place for touch.

After watching a YouTube on using AM with a touchscreen I realized I was using the feature incorrectly. Once the dial's button has been selected you touch around the perimeter of the dial to have it move. I was assuming it worked similar to the mouse action by using your finger to rotate the knob itself. Thanks for the reply.

Steve

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

I'm not really sure what you mean. It's touch, the dial gets highlighted, then start making circles around the dial while keeping it selected.

Diverdeep

#5 Post by Diverdeep »

I have the same problem, if i touch any button on panel (i.e. radio frequency swap button) it work, but any dial input is working(exept for main radio frequency dial, working...bad). All other dials (i.e. transponder sby/on/alt/tst know) do not work. I've tried to select mouse and touch input and only "touch" input.
When I try to select and operate a knob with finger, the main view in FS2020, change (like if I rotate head inside cabin)
Any help?
Thanks