GNS 430 Overlay Issue

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

vggap

Re: GNS 430 Overlay Issue

#11 Post by vggap »

Hi @Keith Baxter Yes i watched his video. That was my starting point on this to understand a bit about how this works. The difference i noticed is, under the settings he chose layout option, which for me is disabled. Based on the posts by Ralph, i understood i need to create a custom background with a cutout for 430 overlay so it will be transparent. Is that right?

Keith Baxter

#12 Post by Keith Baxter »

vggap wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:05 pm Hi @Keith Baxter Yes i watched his video. That was my starting point on this to understand a bit about how this works. The difference i noticed is, under the settings he chose layout option, which for me is disabled. Based on the posts by Ralph, i understood i need to create a custom background with a cutout for 430 overlay so it will be transparent. Is that right?
Hi

Yes. And no.
Yes if you want to show the pop out behind a panel.

No you can show a pop out on top of a panel or between panels. It depends on your preference.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

vggap

#13 Post by vggap »

Thanks for the quick response @Keith Baxter

I would like to show behind the panel if i can manage that.

if i show on top of the panel, then when i touch other instruments i will need to reposition correct/>

Keith Baxter

#14 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

Instruments on top with bezels wii be controlled by the sim. Instruments using bezel overlays will use the AM functioning.

You need to decide what approach you want.

To test. Just creat a green.png panel with a transparent rectangle for your instrument.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

#15 Post by Ralph »

He wants the X-Plane GPS behind the panel with the overlay on top. You indeed have to select a custom background image. Also, the background color has to be set to transparent. Maybe it is helpful if we make a video?

vggap

#16 Post by vggap »

Thanks @Ralph . Keith showed me how to do this. I think i am good to go.

Sling

#17 Post by Sling »

I did a newer video a couple of months back based on MSFS. The method’s used are the same for Xplane. This one goes into a bit more detail about the Air Manager settings and how to create the custom panel .png with transparent cutouts.

Hope it helps some who have not seen it yet.

vggap

#18 Post by vggap »

Sling wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:04 am I did a newer video a couple of months back based on MSFS. The method’s used are the same for Xplane. This one goes into a bit more detail about the Air Manager settings and how to create the custom panel .png with transparent cutouts.

Hope it helps some who have not seen it yet.

Great video @Sling . Thank you very much!