Panel running like a slide show randomly?

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

aenigma

Panel running like a slide show randomly?

#1 Post by aenigma »

Does anyone have this problem? Out of nowhere my panel will act like it's running at a few FPS where the gauge updates are extremely slow. Eventually it will start working again then it does the same thing after awhile. Seems like it may be some kind of sim connect issue. Either way it's not really something I like to see happening after paying more for this than MSFS.

Ralph

Re: Panel running like a slide show randomly?

#2 Post by Ralph »

Did you check the FPS of the Air Manager panel to see if that stays up when this happens?

aenigma

#3 Post by aenigma »

Yeah it was still at 59fps.

jph

#4 Post by jph »

You don't say what panel ......
You don't say what steps you have taken to investigate the issue etc etc.
You don't say what other programs are running
You don't say if it is all on the same machine

Get the jist ?

also, why do you automatically jump to the conclusion that AM is at fault -
Either way it's not really something I like to see happening after paying more for this than MSFS.
Rather presumptuous. msfs is a gamepass game for xbox so is in no way worth much.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Tetrachromat

#5 Post by Tetrachromat »

aenigma wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:33 am Does anyone have this problem? Out of nowhere my panel will act like it's running at a few FPS where the gauge updates are extremely slow....
Yes I do see/experience this from time to time as well. But I don't think it is an issue with Air Manager. I think it is related to SimConnect.

I do not have it very often. As such I don't care too much about, because it comes back to normal operation after a few seconds.

If you care more, I would suggest you switch on logging for SimConnect. And please let us know your findings.

aenigma

#6 Post by aenigma »

jph wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:35 am You don't say what panel ......
You don't say what steps you have taken to investigate the issue etc etc.
You don't say what other programs are running
You don't say if it is all on the same machine

Get the jist ?

also, why do you automatically jump to the conclusion that AM is at fault -
Either way it's not really something I like to see happening after paying more for this than MSFS.
Rather presumptuous. msfs is a gamepass game for xbox so is in no way worth much.
Sorry, I didn't get a notification via e-mail that I had a reply, so apologies for the late reply. Anyway, great response, I appreciate your fantastic input that isn't at all passive aggressive in any way.

1. Slightly modified Baron 58 panel
2. Tried several different versions of AM along with trying "High FPS" on and off along with updating FSUIPC to no avail. Also completely cleaned video drivers from 457.30 and updated to the newest drivers. I switched to the 172 panel and back and it seemed to go back to normal, but that only happened once.
3. Sometimes I have Mobiflight running for my rotary encoders, but FSUIPC and Mobiflight make no difference when it starts the slideshow.
4. This is all on a Win 10 machine. I ran the beta with no problems at all, then I finally scraped up some money to buy it and I am having this happen. I am not rich so it's kind of a bummer is all.
5. Silly for you to say "msfs is a gamepass game for xbox" since A2A is coming.

aenigma

#7 Post by aenigma »

Tetrachromat wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:03 am
aenigma wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:33 am Does anyone have this problem? Out of nowhere my panel will act like it's running at a few FPS where the gauge updates are extremely slow....
Yes I do see/experience this from time to time as well. But I don't think it is an issue with Air Manager. I think it is related to SimConnect.

I do not have it very often. As such I don't care too much about, because it comes back to normal operation after a few seconds.

If you care more, I would suggest you switch on logging for SimConnect. And please let us know your findings.
It might be a SimConnect issue, but when it happens to me it isn't a few seconds, it's more like a few minutes. This is a new install of windows and MSFS since the last MSFS update wouldn't install correctly so I formatted and reinstalled windows and then MSFS. Not sure how to turn on SmConnect logging, although I have a feeling it won't make any difference.

aenigma

#8 Post by aenigma »

Oh yeah I forgot to say the glideslope indicator doesn't work until I hide then show the panel while flying. I have to do that every time I want to use a LOC approach.

aenigma

#9 Post by aenigma »

So I guess this is just normal that it doesn't work as good as the beta.

I assume it's also normal that angry replies from jph are just a thing that happens.

This has been a great experience.

jph

#10 Post by jph »

aenigma wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:50 am So I guess this is just normal that it doesn't work as good as the beta.

I assume it's also normal that angry replies from jph are just a thing that happens.

This has been a great experience.
Glad you enjoyed it. Note, it was 'reply' not 'replies'. Also, it was not 'angry' although your perception is up to you. It was simply a matter of you not being clear as to your issues.
What would you like ? - maybe a hug ?
No introduction, no 'please' no 'thanks' to anyone that tried to help.
Msfs is xbox orientated - it is 'game' orientated for xbox kiddies and a little bit of further development for PC users that is unlikely to be the future path apart from the beta testers - I mean - pc users - that are beta testing for xbox. I don't care if 'a to a' or 'b to b' is doing whatever it / they are doing. It is 100% clear that 'it's' future is xbox console. I am absolutely sure that 'a to a' will be coming soon to an xbox near you... Fill yer boots.
'Entitled' & 'woke' :? Dunno. ? But I am sure Freud would have a field day.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.