Which Air Manager do I need?

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Hasse

Re: Which Air Manager do I need?

#11 Post by Hasse »

I consider myself a possible customer but so far my customer journey is not great and it's a wonder I am still here. So for business purposes Sim Innovations should take lessons here!

Anyhow, I feel like that waiting for a working solution is the best at the moment, right?

But I do not understand. Using an old tablet would be the first thing one wants to do when starting with Air Manager. Then slowely add more, try an Arduino with a button and from there start building. I have no problems paying some money for something that is working, but I will not pay in advance for uncertaincies about simple things not working.

I would advice Sim Innovations to review their license models.
Consider this:
- iOS / Android app version of "Air Manager" rename it to 'light' (keep current pricing)
- iOS/Android app version "Air player" to interface with desktop version (free)
- RPi air player (free)
- licenses via desktop version only
-> purchase additional devices to be added in desktop version (e.g. pay for the number of remote air player device you want to use)
-> maybe also consider payment for Arduino, per additional screen, per ....

To my opinion this would make it much easier to start and play around to get the things working that you want and extend from there.

In my situation I have to purchase different options (Desktop + Android + iOS) and I am not even sure it will work. Maybe my old tablets are just that, too old / poor performance.

Hope the guys from Sim Innovations take notice here. I am not going to become a customer at this point in time. It looks like a good product that I would like though. Probably many more people like me out there. Give me a good entry level experience from where I can extend and I am your customer!

Corjan

#12 Post by Corjan »

Hi,

I'm always amazed that some people feel like they know our business and know how we should run it.
There are some real technical limitations that prevent doing what you are suggesting.

Not going into detail here, but if you want to try Air Manager, you can. On the Desktop there is a demo version and on the tablets you can refund your money within a certain amount of time after purchase.

Corjan

jph

#13 Post by jph »

Sling wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:36 pm
jph wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:15 pm
Sling wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:23 am For the record my experience with Spacedesk has always been good. No noticeable performance hit here but then I’m not one of those folks who get paranoid about their FPS number and have it displayed constantly. I prefer to judge performance by the feel of the simulation experience.
:lol: BS

'for the record' :lol: :lol: :lol:
Of course I forgot you know everything. If I say in my experience that means me not you.
Agreed. Re the BS - you could consider it as 'Basically Subjective' ;) - your choice old boy. That means you, not I. - in my err experience. Don't get your knickers in a twist.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Sling

#14 Post by Sling »

We both know what BS implied so don’t try and sugar coat it into something else old boy. Every time there is some nasty undertone on this forum it normally involves you rubbing someone up the wrong way. This is not the only time I’ve mentioned this. Tone it down and think about what you are posting. “I don’t agree for these reasons” would of been way more appropriate.

End of.

Keith Baxter

#15 Post by Keith Baxter »

Yes,

Go's around and around, where it stops nobody Knows. :lol: :lol:
kittygif.gif
Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

jph

#16 Post by jph »

Sling wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:33 pm We both know what BS implied so don’t try and sugar coat it into something else old boy. Every time there is some nasty undertone on this forum it normally involves you rubbing someone up the wrong way. This is not the only time I’ve mentioned this. Tone it down and think about what you are posting. “I don’t agree for these reasons” would of been way more appropriate.

End of.
I didn't sugar coat anything old chap - I said - - quote - "Re the BS - you could consider it as 'Basically Subjective'" ;) . I meant what I said. It was your option to consider it that way if so desired. The original intention was never detracted from.
I think in your case that you need to climb down from your ivory tower and accept that, yes you are a damn good programmer and extremely helpful in checking through submissions. But... errrr.. Hmmmm. Yes.. Nothing much more to add. Recently I note, as have others - (as you are well aware), that your previous and somewhat wayward and dismissive attitude towards newcomers has also vastly improved, which is also great. So keep up the bloody good work !. What was it in Luke 4:23 ? - (not the one from Pulp Fiction :lol:) - Physician Heal Thyself.
Reflect and move on.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#17 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hay.

Stop it you two.It is only me that is allowed to get grumpy. :mrgreen:
tom-and-jerry-kisses.gif
tom-and-jerry-kisses.gif (242.65 KiB) Viewed 1637 times
Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

#18 Post by Ralph »

I imagine if we would all get together some day in a bar, it would be a punch to the shoulder: "Yer bastard!" and then there's beer and laugh's. Would be great, too bad we all live so far apart.

jph

#19 Post by jph »

Ralph wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:31 pm I imagine if we would all get together some day in a bar, it would be a punch to the shoulder: "Yer bastard!" and then there's beer and laugh's. Would be great, too bad we all live so far apart.
Absolutely true, it is almost always the case. - depends on the beer though - and if you have mayonnaise on your chips. ........................... (GO MAX ! oops, slipped out - I hate it when it does that..)

I love him really. :lol: He is cute and cuddly.
image.png
It WOULD be a good night out though. Hmm.. When's the next Flight Sim fest at Schiphol ? - I think you said it moved Ralph ?
Joe
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Keith Baxter

#20 Post by Keith Baxter »

@Ralph

First, we have to help peeps with what a Barber Queue is, so that invites do not get confused.. We do not want to give the impression that Max Verstapen haircuts are on the freebie. :lol:

barber.jpg
The bar also needs to be one for best for to all meet.

https://traveler.marriott.com/cape-town ... cape-town/

Who is down for this??

Keith
Last edited by Keith Baxter on Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.