Using GNS 430 overlay in Cessna 172SP panel

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

dominikos

Re: Using GNS 430 overlay in Cessna 172SP panel

#11 Post by dominikos »

here are the screenshots. What do you mean by GNS layout of the panel?

here is what it looks with background enabled
IMG_6969.jpg
here is with transparency
IMG_6970.jpg

Sling

#12 Post by Sling »

GNS layout means did you add the panel with GNS in its title. There are several different layouts.

What Ralph wanted were photos of the settings you have for these results. Just saying transparency does not answer the question because it can be set in a different way. We need to know you have it set correctly. Just as I previously posted.

dominikos

#13 Post by dominikos »

Thanks Ralph and Sling, when I look at the list of premium panels, there is only one 172SP panel that I can find. And I did add GNS Overlay.

I’m new to Air Manager, so perhaps there are some other ways to add panels but the website lists only one premium, paid panel for 172. Setting color opacity to 0% and making it transparent does not do a trick for me.

Ralph

#14 Post by Ralph »

This is not the GNS layout, or your background settings are incorrect. As Tony said, a screenshot of your settings would help.

Keith Baxter

#15 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

I see this more and more and it SHOUTS one thing.

The current system might not be as user friendly for most new peeps as we think
Might need a re_look to make it easier for all.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Sling

#16 Post by Sling »

A picture tells a thousand words as it goes. On the second window you get when adding the premium panel you get a choice of different layouts. To use the sim GNS popped out you need to choose the layout that has GNS in the title. We need a picture of your settings matched with a picture of the result after this is done to help you further.

image.png

dominikos

#17 Post by dominikos »

Indeed, picture got the message across. Now, that I added GNS version of panel, it works as expected. per @Keith Baxter note, here is what happened to me as a user.
1) I didn’t remember that panel had multiple layouts. Now I know this is possible and need to look for sub options.
2) when I tried to understand why I’m told to use GNS version, I only searched for the panels and checked the first page. I believe the button says “Add” instead “choose layout” or something like that.
3) once panel is added, there is nothing that says that I use Cessna 172SP GNS panel. It would be great to have it somewhere in a title.

So what could go better?
- having layout mentioned in the name of panel would be great
- if I add a new panel for the first time, perhaps flag that panel can have multiple layouts.

What probably separates me from a typical customer is that I just want to fly plane and practice IFR procedures. I won’t build my own panel and I don’t need to know the powerful options of Air Manager. As long as I can bring up my own panel, configure knobster and start flying, I would be happy.

Appreciate everybody’s help with this, apologies for being stubbornly stuck. Dominik

Sling

#18 Post by Sling »

Perhaps but you can't just click one button to add the panel as you suggested. You would of have to of made 2 choices. Every panel even if it only has a single layout is like this. First choice aircraft type, second choice layout of your choice. Layouts tend to be just variants of the same aircraft with differing instrument layouts hence the name.

Anyhow I'm glad you finally got it sorted and learned something to boot.