Resizing/Scaling panel for just two G5's

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

mryan75

Resizing/Scaling panel for just two G5's

#1 Post by mryan75 »

Hello everyone,

I am using AM to simulate my panel in my actual aircraft. All I want, however, is the two G5s and nothing else, and I would ideally like to shape the panel so the panel itself is simply the height and width of the two G5s. Right now I have the two G5's on a panel, but there are big black spaces on either side where ostensibly four other instruments would go. I want to remove this empty space on either side.

I just don't quite understand how to do that with the two Resize options in AM. Do I need to to resize panel, scale panel? Someone help please! Thanks!

Sling

Re: Resizing/Scaling panel for just two G5's

#2 Post by Sling »

Not sure i follow. What's the purpose of getting rid of the blank parts of the panel? Are you planning something else to go in that monitor real estate?

If you want to just reduce the resolution of the panel but keep the instruments the same size I like to just create a new blank panel of the chosen size and then add the instruments.

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

When you select the panel, you'll see a button in the ribbon menu called 'Resize'. In the pop up menu you can change the sizes of your panel.

mryan75

#4 Post by mryan75 »

Sling wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:28 am Not sure i follow. What's the purpose of getting rid of the blank parts of the panel? Are you planning something else to go in that monitor real estate?

If you want to just reduce the resolution of the panel but keep the instruments the same size I like to just create a new blank panel of the chosen size and then add the instruments.
I use MSFS with TrackIR 5, and the space I’m not using on the panel covers part of the screen. My AM panel is in a fixed place on my screen, but with the head-tracking software I’m looking around in the virtual cockpit, an sometimes the AM panel gets in the way, as it were. I would just like to limit the footprint of AM’s panel on my screen.

The G5 wiki says:

“ You can scale the panel as a whole to make it fit in your instrument panel, the default panel size is 782x822 px.”

So if I created a custom panel that was 1,564x822 I’d be able to fit the two on on top of the other with no wasted space?

mryan75

#5 Post by mryan75 »

Ralph wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:48 am When you select the panel, you'll see a button in the ribbon menu called 'Resize'. In the pop up menu you can change the sizes of your panel.
Yeah, admittedly I didn’t play with them too much, but I don’t quite follow what the difference is between the two options.

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

The pop up window describe the differences, and shows an animation. Resize is the option you will need.

mryan75

#7 Post by mryan75 »

Got it squared away. LOVE the G5s.