EGT, TAS and Clock don't replicate in Air Manager 4.0 on Cessna 172 Panel

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

richardschreier

EGT, TAS and Clock don't replicate in Air Manager 4.0 on Cessna 172 Panel

#1 Post by richardschreier »

I saw some older posts where this topic was mentioned but saw no solutions, was wondering if this issue has been resolved. The problem is that the display in AM does not match the display in the SIM (in my case XPlane 11) for the clock, EGT and TAS indicators. I would have thought if it displays in the sim it would display in AM.

For example;
- in the sim it shows the right display, AM shows a static image
- in the sim I can click buttons on the clock to change the display, nothing happens in AM
- in the sim I can click the dial in the EGT to move the guage maximums, nothing happens in the sim, I have read that you can change it manually in settings but that doesn't seem like a solution
- in the sim as the engine warms the EGT temp rises, nothing happens in the EGT in AM
- in the sim I can adjust the pressure altitude, nothing happens in the AM

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Richard

Ralph

Re: EGT, TAS and Clock don't replicate in Air Manager 4.0 on Cessna 172 Panel

#2 Post by Ralph »

Please see our wiki for user manuals and such.
http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.ph ... rect_value

richardschreier

#3 Post by richardschreier »

Thanks Ralph, I had seen that before and it addresses the issue that you can't set to limit on the EGT but it does not explain why the gauge does not display the correct image to match what is seen in the cockpit. The issue is the same as the clock and the TAS, Air Manager simply does not display the same image as is displayed in the cock pit. Are you saying that cannot be fixed?

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

What do you mean by 'image'?
It sounds like you've got the wrong user properties set for these instruments.

richardschreier

#5 Post by richardschreier »

By "image" I mean what you visually see when you look in at the same gauges in the cockpit view in the sim. I may very well have the properties set wrong (I don't know how to do that), but all of my other instrumentation works perfectly. It's just these three that do not replicate what I "see" in the cockpit in the simulator itself.

For example,
- if I click the mode button on the clock, the clock display will change in the cockpit rendering of the gauge, but it does not change in the rendering that Air Manager displays for the same clock gauge.
- if i turn the knob on the TAS indicator, the scale will move in the cockpit rendering of that gauge, the Air Manager rendering doesn't change.

It's almost as if they were not the same gauge.

Sling

#6 Post by Sling »

richardschreier wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:24 pm It's almost as if they were not the same gauge.
They are not. None of the Air Manager instruments are the same as the sim. They are representations but not the same. They use sim data and in a few instances the sim data does not match the sim gauge. To help you need to be much more specific about what AM instruments are you seeing this with and what exactly you are seeing. What specifically is not displaying on the clock for instance when the sim displays whatever it’s displaying. I assume you have the very latest plugin installed?

richardschreier

#7 Post by richardschreier »

Well, they look the same (i.e. same gauge) but they display different values. In the case of the clock for example, the rendering of the clock in AM is static, it never changes and it does not match what the clock displays in the SIM. To make it easier (I hope) i will post some pics... here are the first two showing the clock, these were taken seconds apart, one is the view in the sim one is the view in AM, as you see they don't match. I can change the view in the sim by pushing buttons but the view in AM never changes, it is a status image it seems.
Attachments
clock in sim.JPG
clock in sim.JPG (27.36 KiB) Viewed 2489 times
clock in am.JPG
clock in am.JPG (17.24 KiB) Viewed 2489 times

richardschreier

#8 Post by richardschreier »

And here are the two EGH renderings:
egt in am.JPG
egt in am.JPG (21.17 KiB) Viewed 2490 times
egt in sim.JPG
egt in sim.JPG (25.64 KiB) Viewed 2490 times

richardschreier

#9 Post by richardschreier »

And here are the two TAS renderings...
Attachments
tas in sim.JPG
tas in am.JPG

richardschreier

#10 Post by richardschreier »

I have discovered something else that is odd, I can actually actuate the controls in AM (like press the clock buttons there) and the AM display will change and the SIM display remains the same. So somehow the two displays are completely disconnected from each other for these three gauges. And if I idle the plane fast enough I can get the EGT temperature gauge in the SIM to move up, but it doesn't move in AM.

Any ideas?

Thanks