Extended Test License

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

elmond

Extended Test License

#1 Post by elmond »

Hey,

would it be possible to get a test license that allows for the addition of panels? I have one specific use case, I cannot try out with the base version and I do not feel like shelling out 65€'s for something I end up not using at all. I would like to see if I can replace my streamdeck for FMS management with a template I found online. Anything that would allow me to do that for like a couple of hours or a day would be greatly appreciated.

Sling

Re: Extended Test License

#2 Post by Sling »

Perhaps you could describe this specific use case and maybe someone here can comment and perhaps even check it for you. You never know it may not be as specific as you think.
Last edited by Sling on Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

I agree with Tony. Also, there's no test license, so the demo panel is the only option. If you're not satisfied then you can request a refund.

elmond

#4 Post by elmond »

If refunds are an option, then I am good. The thing is with the experience of others, your mileage will always vary. Stuff that seems okay to others is not acceptable to the next guy. And it will have to work in my homepit. Thanks for your answers.

Sling

#5 Post by Sling »

We could at least give you a should work or a no chance of that working feeling if you outlined what you want from it. It should help at least to get some feedback from existing users. From the limited info you’ve given so far I would imagine AM can handle it. After all the SD is just a fancy button box and AM is so much more than that. Specific info though generally yields specific answers.

elmond

#6 Post by elmond »

Thanks for your offer. I transitioned at least in part to wireless operation as it makes stuff way easier. So I am about to use an ipad (8th gen) with duet to use AirManager on. There I want to use the FMS for the WT CJ4 and also the lower and upper panel menus. Also if it fits the autopilot. I am used to using Linda and doing scripts in AAO, so functionality wise I think I am good. However I am an absolute no show in the art design department. So I have to take what I can find regarding the instrument.
Now I have to check I I can position everything the way I like it and have it crisp and clear enough, how fluid the interface interaction is when everything comes together (or if I may or may not have to go back to wired for duet) with the docked out FMS on the Airmanager Panel. And especially fluidity and feel are a very personal experience, hence I have to test myself.

Sling

#7 Post by Sling »

It should work as long as you have a working AM FMS for that aircraft.

Ralph

#8 Post by Ralph »

Note that you cannot 'move' your own instruments to the iPad app. They would have to go through the submit process, and then you have to wait for an update.
Or you have to use a remote desktop app, but the results with those are a bit mixed.

elmond

#9 Post by elmond »

Yeah, that's why I want to test it :) I use duet, which is an extended Desktop App for the PC, which lets you use the iPad like a touch sensitive secondary monitor. Basically a bit like sidecar for windows and it works either by USB or Wifi. I use it already for other things. This is needed as I have to have the docked out FMS window on the instrument. I appreciate the input from Sling and you. Thanks!
I will try it out on the weekend, when I have enough time for it.

Ralph

#10 Post by Ralph »

You can test Duet with the demo panel, you don't need the complete version for that.

Another thing. Check out if all the required events and variables for the CJ4 are available, you don't need Air Manager for that.