Extended Test License

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

elmond

Re: Extended Test License

#11 Post by elmond »

Yeah, but the combination of docked out window, the FMS I found, the responsiveness and the layout/readability need all come together. That will not work with the test panel. I just buy and return if necessary on the weekend.
The variables are available, I did some scripting in Axis and Ohs already and looked into the instrument with the test version. I should be good there.

jph

#12 Post by jph »

Ralph wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:27 am You can test Duet with the demo panel, you don't need the complete version for that.

Another thing. Check out if all the required events and variables for the CJ4 are available, you don't need Air Manager for that.
Agreed. The is absolutely no need at all to test with an FMS pop-out There will be no difference at all in performance - in fact the FMS would be a much lower load on DUET. I presume you are running a separate pc specifically for duet ? If not it is highly likely to effect X-Plane and general smoothness. That is not an issue with either X-Plane or AM, if that is what you see it will 100% be duet. I certainly see no need to 'buy, test and return the product when you have absolutely all you need to test with what you have. It is setting a bad precedent imho, but obviously that is entirely up to Ralph.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

elmond

#13 Post by elmond »

I don't know. When I spent this kind of money, I'd rather know the product will meet my expectations in its use case, not an arbitrary one. And while yes it is "only" 65€ I'd still be bummed if I wouldn't be able to use it in the way I imagined beforehand. Would be setting a bad precedent for me also just throwing out the money without making sure there is an option. I also try on the pants I want to wear and not the skirt next to them.

Sling

#14 Post by Sling »

elmond wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:18 am I also try on the pants I want to wear and not the skirt next to them.
I think the point being is that if this logic were applied to all buying decisions its likely you wouldn't purchase much because the offer of trying the actual pants you want is seldom given.

I hope it works the way you want so we have another AM convert :-).

jph

#15 Post by jph »

elmond wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:18 am Would be setting a bad precedent for me also just throwing out the money without making sure there is an option.
There is, it is called the version you already have. Everything you need to know can be done with that. But... I have said my part. It is up to you and Ralph.
Joe. CISSP, MSc.

Ralph

#16 Post by Ralph »

We always give a refund if the customer wants that, just as long as PayPal lets us, and if PayPal lets us.

elmond

#17 Post by elmond »

Okay, thanks then. THe conditionals do not assure. Maybe, if paypal lets us. Please feel free to delete the thread. I will close this account. Thanks for all involved.

Crunchmeister

#18 Post by Crunchmeister »

elmond wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:44 pm Thanks for your offer. I transitioned at least in part to wireless operation as it makes stuff way easier. So I am about to use an ipad (8th gen) with duet to use AirManager on. There I want to use the FMS for the WT CJ4 and also the lower and upper panel menus. Also if it fits the autopilot. I am used to using Linda and doing scripts in AAO, so functionality wise I think I am good. However I am an absolute no show in the art design department. So I have to take what I can find regarding the instrument.
Now I have to check I I can position everything the way I like it and have it crisp and clear enough, how fluid the interface interaction is when everything comes together (or if I may or may not have to go back to wired for duet) with the docked out FMS on the Airmanager Panel. And especially fluidity and feel are a very personal experience, hence I have to test myself.
Myself and another member of the MSFS forums (FLRob24) have been working on CJ4 instruments - specifically for the Working Title CJ4 (some stuff may or may not work with the stock CJ4) - with the goal of making a fully functional cockpit with all instruments working as they should. Currently, we have almost all of the cockpit's instruments already built and working, although it's still a work in progress. However, all the important stuff is there and functionality at this time is quite complete. Central to that is the MCDU. When paired with a pop-out of the MCDU display from MSFS, you have a fully functional unit.

You can download all the instruments in their current state from out GitHub repo at this link: https://github.com/Simstrumentation/Air ... tation_CJ4

We're currently in the process of ensuring that none of our panels require any 3rd party add-ons such as Mobiflight (which they were originally built upon) and run natively in AM and with MSFS. This first part is complete and they now require no 3rd party plugins. We're also in the process of doing a graphic overhaul of all our instruments. Currently they're built using screenshots from MSFS. Once we get this last step complete, we'll be submitting them for inclusion in the Air Manager community store so that they're directly available from within the app natively.

That said, if you're trying to fit all that stuff onto a single iPad screen, you may find that it's a bit small. Personally, I have my layout across a pair of 15.6" touch screens, although I've since expanded my setup to add a 5th gen iPad using SpaceDesk (similar to Duet) to make more space.

I don't have a pic of my current CJ4 layouts, but this is what it was like about 6 weeks back. It's since been expanded with several new instruments and controls - all available at the GitHub repo linked above.
image.png

And if you want to see a slightly more complete version of that layout in action, I've got this video available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo82XO0l2P

This is what the layout in the video looks like. Again, it's since been expanded. I'll post a followup later with a better shot of everything..
Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 10.21.25 AM.png
- Ryzen 5950x, 64GB 3600MHz RAM, RTX3070Ti

Simstrumentation Instrument dev
Free Air Manager instruments for MSFS available at http://www.simstrumentation.com