Nvidia PhysX surround and touch screens MSFS 2020

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

gollygeewizard

Nvidia PhysX surround and touch screens MSFS 2020

#1 Post by gollygeewizard »

Hi,

I am having an issue with running Air Manager 4 with the latest plugin for Windows 10 (as of this writing) in MSFS 2020 on my system that is using Nvidia PhysX surround across three 27 inch monitors in combination with running two Wimaxit touchscreens running panels that use the G1000 overlays(PFD on one and MFD on the other).

The problem is the Air Manager panels (on the Wimaxit touchscreens) regardless of the input modes I use (default, touch or mouse and touch) mouse events/clicks are registering on all the G1000 overlay buttons and dials, however all the touch events are registering on the PhysX surround displays. It looks like a touch location (x, y) registration issue. Note that when not running MSFS 2020 or Air Manager, aka normal Windows application usage, the touch events on the Wimaxit touchscreens do register the locations correctly passing them to the touchscreen panel and not registering them on the three 27" monitors running Nvidia PhysX surround.

Unless I am missing something in all the configurations I have tested MSFS 2020 will only run across all three 27 inch monitors if I use PhysX surround other wise the simulator will only run on one monitor and or horribly stretch perspective. Also, with running PhysX surround on the three 27" monitors Windows limits how the Wimaxit touchscreens can be attached: either by extending the the desktop as #2 and #3 monitors or by mirroring the desktop on both #2 and #3 (the touchscreens). However, even in that mode the touch events still do not register correctly on the touchscreens running Air Manager 4 panels.

Any advice on how I can get Air Manager panels to correctly register the location of the touch events to work like the mouse events are working/registering in the correct x and y locations?

Setup:
AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
Nvidia 2070 Super (latest drivers)
3 x 27 inch AOC 4K monitors in PhysX surround configuration (5760 x 1080 resolution)
2 x 15.6 inch Wimaxit touchscreen monitors (usb c -> usb a cable connection for touch data plus hdmi through 2x HDMI -> USB 3 type A adapter).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

gollygeewizard

Re: Nvidia PhysX surround and touch screens MSFS 2020

#3 Post by gollygeewizard »

Thanks Ralph for your reply.

However, when I search for "Tablet PC Settings" there is no "Setup" option. There is a menu for setting Tablet options like "always tablet mode" and "hide taskbar", etc, but there is no Setup option which apparently is needed to identify the different monitors per the FAQ.

Also, I do see two "HID compliant touchscreen" entries in my device manager.

How can I get the "Setup" option now that I am in this state?

Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎7/‎24/‎2021
OS build 19042.1165
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

I think it changed somewhere in one of the latest Windows 10 updates. I'm not really sure where it is now, I'll have a look.

Tetrachromat

#5 Post by Tetrachromat »

Press WINDOWS+R and run TabletPC.cpl

This will display the control panel for tablet PC setup.

Paul

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

Says unavailable on my system. They've really been messing up the touch system lately.

Sling

#7 Post by Sling »

Try searching Touch, Calibration or Calibrate. Something like that normally finds it for me.

Ralph

#8 Post by Ralph »

@Sling It is no longer under any of those terms. How to find it:
Control Panel -> set to 'Category' at 'View by' -> select 'Hardware and Sound' -> select 'Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input' -> click the 'Setup...' button and follow the instructions.

Ralph

#9 Post by Ralph »

After having started the application that calibrates it does show up if I search for calibrate. That Windows search function is quite weird sometimes.

Ralph

#10 Post by Ralph »

I've updated the process, hopefully it helps.
https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p ... in_Windows