Controlling Panel Visibility with Device Switch

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

monkeysuncle

Controlling Panel Visibility with Device Switch

#1 Post by monkeysuncle »

Hello! Is there a way to "Start Panel" using a simulator event command? For example, turning on instrument panel when the Avionics Switch is turned ON. I'm using FSX, btw.

thanks!

Dave

Ralph

Re: Controlling Panel Visibility with Device Switch

#2 Post by Ralph »

Has been discussed a couple of times. If you use the search function then you'll find some topics.

monkeysuncle

#3 Post by monkeysuncle »

Thanks, Ralph. I searched for quite a while before deciding to post the question.

There is this post, but I don't see anything pertaining to my question: https://siminnovations.com/forums/viewt ... =14&t=3942

This one implies that it could be done maybe? https://siminnovations.com/forums/viewt ... f=9&t=3706

Is this what I'm looking for? https://siminnovations.com/forums/viewt ... =14&t=2978

Or this?: https://siminnovations.com/forums/viewt ... f=9&t=1328

navymustang

#4 Post by navymustang »

I have a three monitors (15" MFDs with 12 buttons) in my cockpit. Each screen has a black background screen that is visible. in front of all other layers. When the instrument senses that the master battery switch has been turned on, I turn off the visibility of the black screen.

Works great.

Sling

#5 Post by Sling »

monkeysuncle wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:15 pm Hello! Is there a way to "Start Panel" using a simulator event command? For example, turning on instrument panel when the Avionics Switch is turned ON. I'm using FSX, btw.

thanks!

Dave
Start a panel no. Show/hide an already started panel yes.

monkeysuncle

#6 Post by monkeysuncle »

navymustang, that's exactly what I want to do. Is there a post somewhere here that describes the process? I have panels that work great, and adding this feature would be really cool.

thanks in advance! Dave

monkeysuncle

#7 Post by monkeysuncle »

Sling, yes, "Show/Hide" is what I hope to add when I use my avionics master switch, or my battery master switch.

Thanks for the reply! Dave

Keith Baxter

#8 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

There are a number of ways to show a cold and dark panel then using viability start/show instruments.

For switching panels. Select "Start the panel automatically when switching aircraft"
ice_screenshot_20210629-050243.png
Then to switch off the panel/AM use the helpers

event_subscribe(callback) and shut_down(type)

NOTE: You have to manually restart AM.

I am sure @Sling has done this many times. If not I would be surprised. :mrgreen:

Keith
Last edited by Keith Baxter on Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Keith Baxter

#9 Post by Keith Baxter »

@Corjan

It seems the "start panel automatically when switching aircraft" is broke in AM4 (beta40) Xplane

1) AM does not always start.
2) when changing aircraft the panel does not close. When one go's to manually close the panel then both AM and Xplane freeze. I have to go into task-manager and shut down both xplane and OpenJDK. I then have to do a system restart.

This works ok in AM3.7 and there are no issues. Not in AM4 (beta40)

I get the impression that all these issues are due to FS2020. AM4 was working extremely well before FS2020 came along. Now we disappointingly find host of issues popping up. AM3.7 does not have these issues because there is no FS2020. :(

I want the old AM4 back before FS2020 It was awesome. Please I beg you.

woman-begging-kneel.gif
woman-begging-kneel.gif (199.44 KiB) Viewed 3170 times

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

#10 Post by Ralph »

Then don't use the beta?