Panel not resizing smaller - Bell 407

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Avenger

Panel not resizing smaller - Bell 407

#1 Post by Avenger »

I’m trying to use the Bell 407 panel on some of my secondary monitors. On my largest monitor (1440p), everything fits, but on my 1080p monitor and 1200p monitors, the gauges get clipped. It is not scaling correctly. I tried using both the HD and 4:3 versions of the panel with the same results. When I click on the resize panel button, it seems to be set correctly to “scale” to the screen size. Am I missing a step somewhere? Do I have to resize it manually somehow? I thought scaling should be automatic when set. I am using Air Manager 4.0.1.

Ralph

Re: Panel not resizing smaller - Bell 407

#2 Post by Ralph »

Sounds like you haven't set all monitors to 100% scaling.

Avenger

#3 Post by Avenger »

Ralph wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:02 am Sounds like you haven't set all monitors to 100% scaling.
Whenever I clicked on resize, it shows scaling as 100% and the correct resolution for the assigned monitor. I think that is even the default. Can someone try it with the Bell 407 panel and a secondary monitor smaller than 1440p? I think I have everything correct unless there is a setting I am missing. Maybe there is a bug in 4.0.1 combined with this panel sonehow? I use the zibo panels by Russ and they seem to fill the screen correctly. Thanks.

Edit:My Windows 10 display scaling is also 100% for all my monitors.

Ralph

#4 Post by Ralph »

I was indeed referring to Windows. But on a different note, are you adding the panel directly to the monitor they should be on? Or are you moving it to that monitor after adding the panel? Probably easier if you made a little video.

Sling

#5 Post by Sling »

There seems to be an issue with the scaling. It behaves weird. You should be able to get it to work with some trial and error though

The Resize button in the top ribbon can show a different % value to the settings window button if you drag them each to a different value. This can't be correct. Also when you slide the % value around and return to around 100% (I couldn't get it back to 100 exactly) and then enter say 1920 x 1080 and then move the percentage slider down and then back to the same percentage the resolution does not return to 1920 x 1080 as you'd expect.

Perhaps we are both missing something but i suspect it's a bug.

Tony

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

I'm not really sure that it's a bug. If it were so, we would have seen this more often.
But it would be good to have a little video of what you think goes wrong.

Avenger

#7 Post by Avenger »

I open them directly on the monitors. No trickery involved. Can someone try it with the Bell 407 community panel when they get a chance? Maybe there is a bug in that panel stopping it from working. I’ll take a look at what Sling mentioned.

Ralph

#8 Post by Ralph »

Works fine here. There's nothing special with this panel, it has no Lua or whatever that determines positions.

Avenger

#9 Post by Avenger »

Ralph wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:00 pm Works fine here. There's nothing special with this panel, it has no Lua or whatever that determines positions.
I checked everything mentioned and I don’t know what’s wrong. The scaling shows 100% in Windows 10. Here are some photos:

https://imgur.com/gallery/FnPYMNW

Any advice? Thanks.

Ralph

#10 Post by Ralph »

We would need some more information. Is 1920x1200 the real resolution of this screen?