Panel not resizing smaller - Bell 407

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Ralph

Re: Panel not resizing smaller - Bell 407

#21 Post by Ralph »

You should select the designated monitor when you add the panel in the first place. Changing/modifying it to a different monitor afterwards is not recommended. It seems like you did not add it to the right monitor the first time you added it.

Avenger

#22 Post by Avenger »

Ralph wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:36 pm You should select the designated monitor when you add the panel in the first place. Changing/modifying it to a different monitor afterwards is not recommended. It seems like you did not add it to the right monitor the first time you added it.
Yes, this sounds like it could be the issue! I didn’t do anything special when adding the panel to the list. Is there a choice of monitors on the “Add Panel” screen? I didn’t notice it. Or can you explain how you choose the monitor first? I don’t want to make the same mistake again. Thanks!

Ralph

#23 Post by Ralph »

Yes when you add the panel you can select the monitor.

Avenger

#24 Post by Avenger »

Ralph wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:42 pm Yes when you add the panel you can select the monitor.
I see it now. I think that was the problem. I probably left it at the 1440p monitor when I added the panel and when I later moved it to the 1200p monitor, it didn’t automatically rescale.

Sling

#25 Post by Sling »

Yep I think that’s the issue. However there’s no point in having the re-scale features if they don’t work intuitively. It’s actually easier to delete the panel and add at a different size than it is to try to use scale.

Vossing

#26 Post by Vossing »

I have the same problem. Escpesially the background where you can place instruments gets very smal. Too small to put instruments on. Also the monitor resolution does not seems right. Too high. Does not matter if win10 set to 100% or not. Rescaling is greyed out. I have 3 monitors. Sometimes it is shopping 11 monitors with same low resolution. When i tried to rearrange the monitors position in win10 all went high wire. Have to start from scratch again.

syldon

#27 Post by syldon »

This panel works fine. I do not think you are using the right options though. The screen dump on the bottom of that picture is not the size of the panel, it is the screen resolution of the display you wish the panel to show on.

You change the panel size by selecting it, and using the option on the top menu bar. The video should give you an idea. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1173309079
You also cannot change the size of the panel while you have show option enabled.

Ralph

#28 Post by Ralph »

It is recommended to add the panel directly to the monitor that it should go on. That way Air Manager will scale it to the correct size. That is if the scaling in Windows is set to 100%. Nvidia also has its scaling options which sometimes causes issues.