G1000 pop out windows in X-Plane - saving position

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

uptimist

G1000 pop out windows in X-Plane - saving position

#1 Post by uptimist »

I realize this is an X-Plane question, but I hope someone here may know....Using the G1000 overlay in Air Manager with X-Plane 11, each time I restart X-Plane I need to pop the windows out and move them to the monitor with the overlay and resize just right, which is quite tricky. XP doesn't save this configuration. I've searched on XP forums but not seen any solution to this so far. Has anyone here been able to find a way to do this?

Sling

Re: G1000 pop out windows in X-Plane - saving position

#2 Post by Sling »

Oh yes it does. It does it per instrument not per aircraft so that is a big limitation that Laminar have been asked to resolve.

If you place the G1000 PFD or MFD on a certain monitor and size it how you wish any aircraft that uses G1000 will show it again in the same location and with the same size. If it’s not working for you then you may be using an add-on aircraft perhaps or you have a local issue with your Xplane install. Mine works fine with aircraft that use the LR X1000.

uptimist

#3 Post by uptimist »

Understood. I’m using an add on PA28 from JustFlight, so perhaps that’s the issue, although I thought it used the underlying G1000 from Laminar anyway.

Sling

#4 Post by Sling »

Check with a default aircraft and if ok you’ll have to take the matter up with JF.

uptimist

#5 Post by uptimist »

Actually that's really helpful to know (that it's per instrument) - I used the base Skyhawk to configure the screens, and that configuration is saved and carried across to the JF PA28, which for me works perfectly. Thanks!