GFC500

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

CubDriver_197T

GFC500

#1 Post by CubDriver_197T »

I have been using AM4 with two touchscreens and two Knobsters in XP11 for a little while and have really been enjoying the setup, but have found a small issue I’d like some input on.

When flying a a plane equipped with the GFC500 autopilot (community instrument), the Knobster can not be used to control the scroll wheel that is used to set the climb rate. Is this something that can be easily accomplished by someone with no coding and development abilities?

Any help would be appreciated.

Keith Baxter

Re: GFC500

#2 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi

Good question. I do not think scroll wheels and sliders are accommodated by Knobster, could be wrong.

If Not then then there may be a work around.

Best to hear from one of the SI guys.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

#3 Post by Ralph »

Scroll wheels and sliders indeed do not work with the Knobster.

CubDriver_197T

#4 Post by CubDriver_197T »

Well, damn...

Keith Baxter

#5 Post by Keith Baxter »

Yes,

I thought scroll wheels and sliders were not supported.

Give me a day or two and there just might be a work around by altering the code from scroll to a transparent dial.
AM is a powerful product and can be manipulated in many ways.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

CubDriver_197T

#6 Post by CubDriver_197T »

Keith,

If you can do that I would be eternally grateful! I love the capability of AM and the Knobster, but have no interest at all in learning how the sausage is made, so to speak. That opinion may change over time, but I have too much else to focus on right now.

Keith Baxter

#7 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi ?

I understand 100's, Don't tell me, I am in the same boat of having many things to focus on. Give me a shout when you can focus on learning how to do what you want and I will take time out from my sim build to help you.

If i don't see your post for help when you are ready, PM me and we can try a resolve.

Keith

Sling

#8 Post by Sling »

Hi,

I think Keith has the right idea to resolve this. I find scroll wheels ok to use but they need to be setup well. Perhaps tinkering with the scroll wheel code to get it to function a little better could work but it would also be good to have a user property selected alternative so the knobster could be used. As Keith says this would mean adding a dial to grab the knobster focus. The yellow highlight would end up being a stretched out oval that spans the scroll wheel graphic.

It has a tactile downside (vertical or horizontal scroll vs rotary of the knobster) but I wonder if @Corjan would consider adding knobster support for scroll wheels in a future revision.

Tony

CubDriver_197T

#9 Post by CubDriver_197T »

I really do appreciate the help from both of you. At this time, I’m just living with the fact that I’m using the scroll wheel, and it really isn’t that big of a deal. I truly don’t have interest in learning to design, develop and code custom gauges. I enjoy using computers to a certain extent, but my enjoyment pretty much ends and the user stage, and even then, only for brief periods. As a machinist, I’m much more of a hardware guy than I am a software guy.

I’ve got a pretty nice setup with two touch screens and have been greatly enjoying the use of Knobster, but I’ll stick with what I have for now. I was hoping there might be some simple solution that I had overlooked.

Thank you both for the input! You’re both a credit to the community.

Regards,

Justin