Licence

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

davenicoll

Licence

#1 Post by davenicoll »

Hi Guys,

Copple of questions as currently building my sim cockpit and want to use Air manager.

Am I right in saying I need 1 licence per device...?

This will then lead on to question number 2 lol..

I will probably only use Air manager for the "Six Pack" and Saitek FIP for the others..

Should I get an iPad for the 6 pack or a monitor which is probably bigger and if so what size. I would like as close as 1:1 scale as possible.

Thank you

Dave

JackZ

Re: Licence

#2 Post by JackZ »

Easy: an iPad is way too small to house a six pack with the standard size of instruments, especially when considering and adding the blank space between all the round gauges in a real dashboard.

A tactile screen of 17 to 19 inches is definitely the way to go IMHO. This because on most of planes there is a bunch of additional gauges that need to fit as well.
I found out that a 22 inches screen allows to add on the side the engines instruments pack as well, even though a slightly low in overall height space for a complex turbine twin engine gauges such as a Beech 200
4C0E4B9D-317D-444B-B947-C51967386190.jpeg
Here’s the 22 inches monitor in action, with real sized instruments
A3E1FBC2-F651-4EB7-889C-47A8CB4CC49E.jpeg
There are three standard sizes of round gauges: 3-1/8 inches , 2-1/4 inches and 1-1/4 inches
The height is the limiting factor here, a six pack is two rows of full size instruments, with some mounting space between them, and sometimes a bunch of annunciator lights on top of that.

Jacques
My YouTube Chanel on the A320 (Real SOPs by an Airline Pilot IRL):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0Q6SBASRqJ

davenicoll

Re: Licence

#3 Post by davenicoll »

Thank You Jacques...excellent set up you have there.

Dave