#11 Post by F8UPC »

Thanks a lot, it's very clear.
I'll test that asap.
Best regards
Carl

Pagouti

Re: Upgrade 3.7 to 4

#12 Post by Pagouti »

I would like to hook up to this thread, because I am experiencing the same problem that others have: I am upgrading from 4.0 beta to 4.0 and have difficulties, to get my existing cockpit application working in the new environment. I am uncertain about which directories should be copied from where to where exactly. I am afraid of a tremendous amount of work that I could have avoided if I would have understood what you have already written about this subject.

I have two sets of directories, one 4.0 beta and one 4.0 final.

The set for 4.0 beta has the following root directories:
  • E:\Air Manager 4.0 Beta\ that contains the installed software for AirManager 4.0 Beta;
  • C:\Users\Han Schouten.000\Air Manager Beta\ that seems to contain the custom built software that I would very much like to preserve and port to 4.0 final.
The set for 4.0 final has the following root directories:
  • E:\Air Manager 4.0\ that contains the installed software for AirManager 4.0;
  • C:\Users\Han Schouten.000\Air Manager\ that is a copy of C:\Users\Han Schouten.000\Air Manager Beta\ that I have renamed.
Apparently, the software under E:\Air Manager 4.0\ cannot find the definitions under C:\Users\Han Schouten.000\Air Manager\. Could anybody tell me what I have not done and what I have done wrong.

I have exported my instruments from 4.0 beta and imported these to 4.0 final. No such facilty for custom built panels?

I have copied the directories under E:\Air Manager 4.0 Beta\ to E:\Air Manager 4.0\ and overwritten what was there after installation.

These machinations haven’t given what I wanted. I still only see the Demo panel and my instruments, of course.

I agree with the previous users who have brought up this issue, that porting your own real estate from one version to the next, should be an unseparable part of the installation procedure.

FlyDog

#13 Post by FlyDog »

Does installing AM4.0 overwrite my custom instruments and panels. They seem to have disappeared.
Last edited by FlyDog on Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ralph

#14 Post by Ralph »

It does not, instruments are untouched.
But if you modified instruments from the online store then you'll probably loose those, because there were/are new versions.