Switch navigation source from NAV to GPS

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Kylemon

Switch navigation source from NAV to GPS

#1 Post by Kylemon »

I am using FSX;SE. My panel works great save for one issue. When I switch the navigation source from NAV to GPS, my CDI does not change to reflect information for GPS tracking. I am using the default cessna 172 and downloaded the default cessna 172 CDI. The gauge functions normally for NAV data but continues to do so even when GPS mode is selected on NAV/GPS switch. Any help would be appreciated.

Ralph

Re: Switch navigation source from NAV to GPS

#2 Post by Ralph »

Solution: use X-Plane :lol:

N827JR

#3 Post by N827JR »

I have the exact same issue with MSFS2020. Is there anything that can be done other than using X-Plane? :lol:

RonVF

#4 Post by RonVF »

Has anyone come up with a solution to this. I am using MSFS 2020 stock steam gauges 172 with the Air Manager 172 panel and when doing GPS on the GNS 530 the CDI needle doesn’t move. Yes I also have X-Plane 11 and it does work there..
Thanks

Sling

#5 Post by Sling »

Yes this can work in MSFS. I think also FSX but I’m not so certain about that as I haven’t tried that in a long time. Ralph is right though FSX is an outdated sim now and you are missing out by not upgrading to a newer sim. I understand people are invested in it or they are running it on lower spec hardware but you should consider an upgrade plan as it’s only going to get worse with time.

For MSFS and possibly FSX you can try the GI-106A/B CDI in the community store.