Touch panel touches not making it past AirManager panel

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

MusicMan

Touch panel touches not making it past AirManager panel

#1 Post by MusicMan »

Greetings,

I have a couple of touchscreens, and they work fine for everything within Windows and XP11. The popped-out G1000 panels on the SF50 work great. But when I put the AirPanel SF50 over top, tapping those buttons doesn't work. The touchscreen is getting the clicks because you can hear them, but the tap doesn't get past the AirPanel.

I have "Click-through" selected and DirectX is installed and running, at least as far as I know. The DxDiag implies it's all working.

I can appreciate that the surface area of those little buttons is pretty small, and there's likely little tolerance for it being a little off... but, as far as I can tell, I'm within a pixel or two... well within what would be a reasonable tolerance.

Am I missing something simple here?

Attached is a link of a video showing the G1000s working on the touchscreen just fine, but then there's the example with the panel on top of it.

Many thanks in advance for any ideas.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y2qmze0e7vg8i ... hIssue.MOV

Sling

Re: Touch panel touches not making it past AirManager panel

#2 Post by Sling »

Hi,

Not sure what you mean by AirPanel. We probably need some more information.

Do other AIr Manager instruments respond to touch? If so which ones? If they do not then perhaps you don't have the ;atest plugin installed or you have connection issues.

If the above is all good then perhaps you haven't selected which position the overlay bezel is simulating. In the video you were overlaying on the G1000 MFD so the bezel needs to be told in the settings that its simulating the MFD.

MusicMan

#3 Post by MusicMan »

Hi -- thanks for the reply. AirPanel = Air Manager Panel

I'm running the latest plugin, but re-installed just in case... it's 3.2.

Yes, other instruments on the SF50 work. I can spin the up/down dial on the autopilot and I can switch the fuel selector and I can move the flaps. The landing gear works briefly, but gets feedback as to where it should be (via hardware) and flips back. So screen touches are definitely getting through.

I've tried telling both G1000 overlays all three versions of Pilot/Co-pilot/MFD -- all three settings on both sides. Nothing gets through.

I've deleted the panel and installed the default SF50 -- positioned at 0,0, default 1920 x 1080. The popped-out G1000s seem to line up perfectly. Not sure what to to try next... I'm down to the point where the G1000s work fine via touch with nothing over them, but not at all with the overlays... and it's just those overlays. I move them slightly out of the way and click directly on the instruments; no problem. Slide the overlay back over them... and, nothing.

Sling

#4 Post by Sling »

Did you restart the panel each time you changed the setting?

MusicMan

#5 Post by MusicMan »

I think by default I must have because there's no way to change settings while it's still active (is there?)

I Close Panel -- make changes -- Show Panel

Ralph

#6 Post by Ralph »

Looks like you haven't configured the G1000 correctly. Please not that there's a user property to set it to PFD or MFD.

Keith Baxter

#7 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

Try with these settings.
You did not mention that you had Always on top checked.
ice_screenshot_20210419-105023.png

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Sling

#8 Post by Sling »

Ralph wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:06 am Looks like you haven't configured the G1000 correctly. Please not that there's a user property to set it to PFD or MFD.
See the 3rd post. He says he's tried all 3 and still no luck. strange.

Ralph

#9 Post by Ralph »

Maybe I've missed it, but is Air Manager connected to X-Plane? And are you using the latest plugin?
http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.ph ... stallation

Keith Baxter

#10 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi

Here are two bezels I modified and are working. Give them a try.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card