Touch panel touches not making it past AirManager panel

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

Keith Baxter

Re: Touch panel touches not making it past AirManager panel

#11 Post by Keith Baxter »

Ralph wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:58 am Maybe I've missed it, but is Air Manager connected to X-Plane? And are you using the latest plugin?
http://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.ph ... stallation
Ralph,

To be honest, It is very difficult for all knowing if there is a update or not. Yes I have the latest plugin.

I reported this two updates ago I think. Maybe one or three I am not sure, and was told it was a small error, to ignore and it will be sorted in the next update. It still has not been resolved. Leaves us not sure if there is an update or not or some other issue. I am talking about the "Update available" warning bottom right.
ice_screenshot_20210419-152941.png
I understand that you guys have limited resources and time is valuable but I get the perception that more and more things fall through the cracks or forgotten.

I will put together a short list of the issues that I have reported that I was told a possible resolve was found and would be fixed in the next update but still remain a unresolved issue so that you guys can take another look.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Ralph

#12 Post by Ralph »

For Air Manager 4 concerned you're probably fine with either release of the beta plugin, so you can ignore the update message unless you're having some issues.

Keith Baxter

#13 Post by Keith Baxter »

Ralph wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:30 pm For Air Manager 4 concerned you're probably fine with either release of the beta plugin, so you can ignore the update message unless you're having some issues.
Ralph,

I have a different view and not necessary a correct one.

New people coming into AM and trying the Open Beta have no idea to ignore what you say.

The more experience users know better and report issues and differences between AM versions. When these are not sorted then, for me, I wonder if anyone is listening? Of course you guys are listening and look into the issues. But as i say the resolve seems to not make it's way to the next update.

Not a huge issue. Just a heads up.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

MusicMan

#14 Post by MusicMan »

Thank you Keith,

I downloaded those and created a test panel with just them on it... there's a video link below.

As you can see, first there is just the two popped-out instruments working via touch. Then there's a shot showing the config of the two overlays (not much to that) and the panel itself... set to locked, on top, click-through... all the settings are visible. I fire it up -- nothing. I close it up, instruments working just fine via touch.

The overlays are getting the touchscreen clicks... you can see the buttons reacting. But they just don't seem to push what's behind them. Baffling.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kr85tm31fk8h9 ... 0_TEST.MOV

Sling

#15 Post by Sling »

This has got to be something simple. I’m not sure Keith’s instruments are the best test because they are for a specific aircraft (SR22). Keith will be able to tell us if they use any custom commands. If as you said previously other AM instruments are working fine then the communication with the sim should be good. The reason I say this is the commands seem to not be getting to the sim.
Are you always testing with the SF50 default aircraft ?

If yes then perhaps you can do a video showing the dataref tool window while showing the relevant commands as you press the buttons. They should highlight as they are pressed. This will provide evidence of good communication and may also provide some further clues.

There really isn’t much to this. If the panel setting has been set to MFD before starting the panel and the comms with the sim are good then it has to work. This means either the panel is sending the wrong command or you have a comms issue it’s that straight forward. We just need to establish which.

Keith Baxter

#16 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

Yes standard G1000 commands.

Does the overlay work if you use a mouse?

Have you got input set to “touch & mouse” or just “touch” in the settings tab.
ice_screenshot_20210420-094132.png
ice_screenshot_20210420-094132.png (16.09 KiB) Viewed 3057 times
Also if you run the instrument in <create/edit> do they work?

Keith
Last edited by Keith Baxter on Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sling

#17 Post by Sling »

Perhaps you should also try the beta plug in which is 3.3.

Keith Baxter

#18 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

I had a closer look at your settings and see that you have input set at "touch" in the input mode:

Try "Mouse and Touch" and also try setting the default in the settings tab.

Remember If you change settings. Close down Air Manager and restart.

Keith

MusicMan

#19 Post by MusicMan »

Hmmm... I think I need to get on the same page... I'm presently running AM3.7.1 -- obviously I need to get my hands on the beta so we can compare apples to apples. Thank you -- I will pursue that and check back in once that's in place.

Bob8

Re: Touchscreen feature not working, finally fixed...

#20 Post by Bob8 »

I spent at least a couple of hours trying to get my second monitor (Acer T232HL touchscreen ) to work as a touchscreen for my C172 Skyhawk panel in Air Manager (using X Plane 11 as my simulator). I confirmed that the touchscreen worked fine when I tested my Acer as a standalone monitor. My desktop is a Dell, paired with a Dell non-touchscreen monitor as primary with Acer as my second monitor. Air Manager downloaded and installed perfectly, as had X Plane 11. Updating my Acer monitor driver wasn't the solution. Not being particularly tech savvy, I came across a YouTube video posted by "Aarohan TechSol" (December, 2020) that walked through the steps needed to get my second monitor touchscreen feature to work in my particular two monitor configuration. There are probably other posts containing solutions, but I didn't find them. So, I posted this in hopes that it may be helpful to others. Good luck.

https://youtu.be/fG0kMPIIU74