White ring around black cover

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

a533

White ring around black cover

#1 Post by a533 »

Hi, I’m doing a night panel. I control the darkness with the dataref:

"sim/graphics/misc/light_attenuation", "FLOAT"

Then I have a black “cover” on top of each instrument. During the day the cover is not visible, and during the night the cover’s opacity increases. At a point it shows a white ring around the instrument. I try to do the back cover a little wider, but the white ring is still there. There must be a problem with the overlay. Any help? Thank you very much

Regards.
Alvaro

Keith Baxter

Re: White ring around black cover

#2 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

The bottom layer opacity lighter colors will always dominate.

You are going to have to create another canvas with a ring to cover the white ring.

To be honest, It is best to draw the dial from scratch in canvas_draw() That way creating lighting effects are a lot easier.

Shout if you need help in doing that.

Keith

EDIT: How do you plan to light the gauge? Do you want the red illumination effect?
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

Keith Baxter

#3 Post by Keith Baxter »

HI,

I will do a open screen share on this subject tomorrow at UTC 20h00 on the discord.

Feel free to watch and ask questions.

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

a533

#4 Post by a533 »

Thank you Keith, I would like to do it yellow. The following video in youtube is how it is so far, just beginning. I'm new to AirManager.

https://youtu.be/241pOnJ9XF4

This is a picture or the real aircraft I want to replicate. I'm thinking about doing another background with yellow light coming from the lights posts next to the gauges.

How can I connect to your screen share tomorrow?

Regards

Alvaro

Keith Baxter

#5 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

The link is indicated here. I will look up the panel and try and do some prep work before hand.
https://siminnovations.com/forums/viewt ... f=4&t=4422

Best is to set up before hand. Mike and speaker or headset etc.

Keith

a533

#6 Post by a533 »

Thanks

Sling

#7 Post by Sling »

You can do it with png images as you have done. Take a look at the C172 dual panels on my youtube channel linked below for an example of night lighting. I am able to choose between a White, Yellow, Red, Green or Blue hue if desired to cater for different aircraft panel lighting. This covers the clean white LED lights and colour options as well as the yellow to simulate incandescent lighting. From memory the video only shows white but it shows the general scheme for a whole panel.

Tony

Keith Baxter

#8 Post by Keith Baxter »

Hi,

What is this??? #00000088

And how is it used to create this?
ice_screenshot_20210412-133442.png
Join us tonight on the Discord at UTC 20h00 to find out a bucket load of canvas_draw() tricks.

The tricks will involve creating carbon fiber texture panels, diamond shaped padding, Alcantara padding, changing logo color, drawing panel shapes, lighting instruments, shaders , mix and match .png/canvas_draw() etc,etc

That image is 6 lines of code by the way.

Keith

a533

#9 Post by a533 »

Keith Baxter wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:17 pm HI,

I will do a open screen share on this subject tomorrow at UTC 20h00 on the discord.

Feel free to watch and ask questions.

Keith
Keith, thank you very much for your help today. Very interesting. I’ll start working on the panel with the ideas you gave me. Regards.

Alvaro