How to make a Cut Out in a Panel

Peer support for Air Manager desktop users

Moderators: russ, Ralph

dahabra

How to make a Cut Out in a Panel

#1 Post by dahabra »

Hello

New user of Air Manager 3.

I am purchasing the new Aerobask Phenom 300 and would like to "Pop Out" the G1000 screens and place them in a Panel on a separate Screen.

I am not a graphics designer and don't understand "Layers" and Transparent Layers".

Is there a step-by-step guide that I can follow to perform this task myself? Making a Cutout in a Panel to place the G1000 screens underneath it?

I am sure many others have beat me to this but I cant find their work in the "Community Panels" Is there another repository where Air Manager users share their own personal panels which are not "Professional grade work"

Ralph

Re: How to make a Cut Out in a Panel

#2 Post by Ralph »

You can start following this topic, this will be what you need: https://siminnovations.com/forums/viewt ... =14&t=4493

dahabra

#3 Post by dahabra »

Ralph thanks for the reply. I started following that thread and posted already a follow upo question.

Is there no Youtube video you are aware of that takes a "none graphics" person like myself through the steps of using "Paint" or other programs to create the necessary "layers" for panels to make cut-outs etc.?

Keith Baxter

#4 Post by Keith Baxter »

dahabra wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:09 pm Ralph thanks for the reply. I started following that thread and posted already a follow upo question.

Is there no Youtube video you are aware of that takes a "none graphics" person like myself through the steps of using "Paint" or other programs to create the necessary "layers" for panels to make cut-outs etc.?
Hi,

Join the discord and I will show you how to do one in canvas_draw().
Make a time that suites both of us. From 17h00 UTC is best for me. I am +2 hours
You can ask questions and follow as I share my screen.
After an hour or so you will be a pro. :mrgreen:

Keith
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card 

dahabra

#5 Post by dahabra »

Thanks Kieth for the proposal. I will for sure enlist your help. I am +4 UTC in Dubai.

How do I join the Discord Channel? Can you please send me an invite?

Keith Baxter

#6 Post by Keith Baxter »

dahabra wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:10 pm Thanks Kieth for the proposal. I will for sure enlist your help. I am +4 UTC in Dubai.

How do I join the Discord Channel? Can you please send me an invite?
https://siminnovations.com/forums/viewt ... f=4&t=4422
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X CPU, Corsair H80I cooler, ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS AMD Ryzen Mother Board,  32Gb ram Corsair Vengeance 3000Mh, MSI GTX960 4G graphics card